Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

FS10 available in Halifax NS at Electronics Boutique

For all you fellow blue-nosers... it's here. I had pre-ordered a deluxe copy about a week ago expecting a 17th of October release here in Canada. Was I surprised to get a call from EB in Bayers Lake that it was in.OH... looks like the "non-existent" nuke plant is back... we lost our bridges and the 3 NS Power plant "barber pole" stacks...DOH! First impressions... I liked the demo better than this full release... so far (2 hours of playing).Later!Murray

Second impression:I used the settings below (supplied by "Thomas"). I took a flight in the Maule at dust using the default flight area and things were quite smooth... one or two stutters that's all. So, I feel that this is very playable at 15 FPS on my system.My basic Specs:AMD 3700+ socket 754(1MB cache)2 GB PC3200 (DDR400) RAM4 x 36GB WD Raptors 10,000 RPM (RAID0)ATI X800 Pro 256MBCreative Augity 4etc, etc, etc!Thanks Thomas!Murray----------------------------------Thomas's suggested settings:shadows, bloom, lens flare offLanding Lights illuminate ground onGlobal Texture Resolution Very High (Max)Advanced Animations onTerrain max at 38m, textures 1mLocked at 15 fpsBilinearAA and AS at 4X for quality by hardware (off in FSX)Hi Res 3D VC onTooltips onLOD Radius MedMesh Complexity 100Mesh Res 38 mTexture Res 1 mWater 1.x Low (what am I missing with this on low?)Scenery Complexity Very DenseAutogen NormalSpecial effects highCloud draw 60 miThermal Visualization noneDetailed Clouds Low coverageAirline traffic 0%GA traffic 0%Airport Vehicle Density HighRoad Vehicles 17%Ships & Ferries 48%Leisure Boats 27%Realism MaxedThomas

Guest Bottle

Nothing flight sim related, just a hello to Halifax. I lived there for 2 years, and it will always have a place in my heart. Keep ya stick on the ice!

Guest panda234

Thx for the heads up Murray. I'll be in Bayers Lake this afternoon and will pick it up. I've heard that some Dreamfleet aircraft can be flown in FSX--wonder if my 727 will? I'll be trying anyway...bill

From what I take I beleive it's available all over canada. At my local futureshop they had about 15 copies of the deluxe edition and no standard ones.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Third Impression:Well, I have flown about a third of the missions with the settings mentioned above, and for the most part the FPS are good. The only real slowdowns occur when I land at an airport that has moving vehicles. Things drop from 12-15 to about 5-8. That can be fixed by reducing the airport vehicle setting of coarse.Ok, that's it for my reports. I won't be buying a new machine till Vista, quad core CPU's, and Video cards that are directX 10 capable come out... next year perhaps!?! Besides, I still have FS9 and the "many" addons I have purchased for it... that run just fine on my present rig... accept for "the" 744 with the overhead open in a second monitor. That's another story though Later, and happy flying guys/gals!Murray