Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Need P3D / FSX user volunteer re: KBMG scenery

HI,
I currently have in the FSX Scenery Library here at Avsim a freeware version I created of KBMG Monroe County Airport, Bloomington, Indiana, USA.  About a year ago I was contacted by a sim pilot who advised me that some key buildings were missing when my KBMG scenery was used in P3D. I am strictly an FSX user.  I believe I have resolved the issues, but cannot test it myself as I have not migrated to P3D. 

The fix provides a pair of .bgl files I have updated and replaces the John Stinstrom FS2004 Military Cargo Objects library with use of an updated freeware Military Buildings Library from MAIW.  I believe it is essentially an updated version of the original Stinstrom library that provides better support for FSX and P3D.  The only site I have found it on is the MAIW site at the link below:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/6-official-maiw-scenery-libraries/806-maiw-global-scenery-library-object-thumbnails-fs9-fsx-p3d

I am looking for a Avsim member(s) who uses both FSX and P3D who would be willing to test it for me.  Please PM me here if you are interested.  He is a screen shot of the updated airport in FSX:

2018-5-8_16-42-44-758-L.jpg

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Requested this be moved from Scenery Design forum to this P3D forum.  Thank you Administrators.

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Still looking for one more P3D pilot to verify a KBMG Scenery.

Frank Patton

PM me!

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; P3D v4.5 HF2