Sign in to follow this  
TurboKen

FS Reborn (AI Lights) on sale now

Really trying to not be naive about this product, and I realize I’ve tried getting this answer before, but with this software: is there a way to turn off AI/online traffic dynamic lighting?  I understand you can change the effects of lights and size of dynamic lighting, but can it be turned completely off?

Above all else, I’m mostly interested in minimizing/removing dynamic lighting on other aircraft to reduce any impact to my system performance while flying online or with AI.  I haven’t really been able to find a way to manually do that to date, short of simply deleting AI models that have heavy dynamic lighting.

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

5 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Really trying to not be naive about this product, and I realize I’ve tried getting this answer before, but with this software: is there a way to turn off AI/online traffic dynamic lighting?  I understand you can change the effects of lights and size of dynamic lighting, but can it be turned completely off?

Above all else, I’m mostly interested in minimizing/removing dynamic lighting on other aircraft to reduce any impact to my system performance while flying online or with AI.  I haven’t really been able to find a way to manually do that to date, short of simply deleting AI models that have heavy dynamic lighting.

Thanks.

Yes, you can disable DL for strobes, Navs and Beacons.

For landing lights not at the moment, but the next type of effects for landing lights will be able to do this (which will be a free upgrade for current customers)

Not sure why you need to do this though as maybe decreasing the amount of AI traffic would help you more.

Regards 

Simbol 

Landing lights are the biggest impact for my models it seems unfortunately, so thank you for that information.

I only use about 5-10% AI offline, set 0% in heavy scenery.  I’m trying to minimize any performance impact when online with multiple other user aircraft at the gate, such as an event.  Completely smooth and unnoticeable when landing lights on user/AI models are off; and the opposite when landing lights are on when aircraft arrive, taxiing around or parked at the gate, even with minimal visibility/draw settings

Anyway, I look forward to your future update to include disabling landing lights.  Then I’ll be sure to revisit my consideration to purchase.  Thanks.

No worries, I wonder what hardware you have.

I developed this addon on a simple I7 6600 running at 4.5Ghz, with a video card Evga 980ti. So not really a very heavy hardware and I am able to run much more amount of AI traffic with DL enabled and lots of eye candy addons, PMDG NGX, etc. and keep 45 to 60fps easy.

Same goes for many beta testers on my group, some of them run AIGM-OCI at 100 percent traffic settings and see no issues like you.

Maybe your P3D settings need adjustment.

Regards,

Simbol 

i7 7700K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 overclocked.

Sliders all in the middle; with the exception of: dynamic reflections off, shadow draw distance, shadow detail, tesselation, and water detail being low, autogen buildings off.  Texture resolution 15 cm, mesh resolution 5 m.

Works fine with dynamic lights on my own aircraft and all other scenarios (except maybe NYC or LAX in heavy weather, then I’ll shed wing and runway turnoff lights).  Maintain 25-40+ FPS on a 144 Hz monitor running @ 120 Hz.  Conversely, introduce online traffic (FLAI or any other package I’ve come across) with dynamic landing lighting, then the slow downs are very noticeable.  Hence why I’m most interested in simply removing non-user aircraft dynamic landing lights.  I’m sure strobes and navs have some impact but landing/taxi lights are the biggest culprit from my testing.

18 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Sliders all in the middle; with the exception of: dynamic reflections off, shadow draw distance, shadow detail, tesselation, and water detail being low, autogen buildings off.  Texture resolution 15 cm, mesh resolution 5 m.

All shadows completely turned off at night? I find they cause a hit of a few FPS.
Also, MSAA rather than SSAA antialiasing?

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

All shadows completely turned off at night? I find they cause a hit of a few FPS.
Also, MSAA rather than SSAA antialiasing?

Yep, 4x.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Bought it yesterday... Very nice product and interface.

Herman

• Like 1

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

51 minutes ago, H.Auer said:

Bought it yesterday... Very nice product and interface.

Herman

Many thanks Herman..

We have extended our 25% discount this Cyber Monday.. this offer will end tonight at 12.00GMT.. so don't miss your chance.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Hello everyone..

I want to convert Friday 13th into something positive and accordingly I decided to start our Christmas and End of Year sales today.

UFFZzDJ.gif

You can light up your Christmas nights today, get your copy Here

We wish you all a very happy Friday13th, a happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year!.

Regards,
simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Just a short message reminding that we are running a raffle to give away a free copy of AI Lights Reborn Professional edition. If you wish to enter please submit an email to Raffle@FSReborn.com with the subject Christmas Lights.

The Raffle will be drawn by the end of 26th of December, so don't miss your chance.

Happy Christmas,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1