Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

“25,001 – wishing everyone a safe and wonderful start to the holiday season!”

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

• EPISODE 4 IS HERE!

We are pleased to announce the fourth episode in our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Presented at our Global Preview Event, Episode 4 (COCKPITS) features a detailed look at few of the cockpits we’re building for the next iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider area to watch Episode 4!

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

To accommodate many of the recent discussions happening across the community from the news coverage coming out of X0, the team has decided to delay the preview of the Feedback Snapshot to mid-December. This will allow us to provide a version of the snapshot that contains all recently discussed topics and will provide a more accurate view of the information we are tracking. We apologize for the delay.

Next update – 12.05!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ArchStanton
  • Like 3

That was just ridiculous....I cannot wait for this sim!!!!

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Stunning! It just keeps getting better.

• Like 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Yes ridicolous bad. A very dissapointing episode, very short and no mention of the A320 or 747

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

The PBR cockpits look amazing, especially those leather seats.

And the new camera system sounds great. I hope it is easy and intuitive to set up and use.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jlund said:

Yes ridicolous bad. A very dissapointing episode, very short and no mention of the A320 or 747

Seriously? You consider it a bad video because there's no A320 or 747? Keep in mind that this video was made for the Global Preview Event last September.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I liked to see the autopilot panel below the glass in the tail dragger. Likes like the real thing. Garmin must be one of their partnerships.

Awesome, anybody noticed the weather radar working there? this is crazy!!!

• Like 6

Guys,

They're showing how they're doing the cockpits...not ALL the cockpits that are in the sim.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

"Keep in mind that this video was made for the Global Preview Event last September."

If that's the case, they could mention that. The do have the X-Cub cockpit in there and it wasn't shown at the Seattle event. Does the real X-cub have a digital cockpit? 

And no mention of how deep the systems are except from they have Sids & STARS (which is a good thing), And showing how the camera system works would also be nice.

Yes, I may sound very sceptical, but seeing the first 3 development videos, I just don't think this one was up to par with them.

Edited by jlund
  • Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Fantastic! Remarkable that default aircraft are going to be this detailed, with such fidelity and functionality.  The lighting will be a real experience, feeling like we will actually need virtual shades to wear when flying directly into the sun. 

Alot of the features we pay for now in 3rd party addons is included in the base sim like the head movements. Wonder how chaseplane will expand on all this. 

Also great to hear that C&D cockpits will be available with full on realistic starts, but also wondered how this would appeal to those xbox users down the road who couldnt care less about a checklist, different flap settings, or proper start procedures. Now we know. Certainly will attract a broad range of user preferences.  But really appreciate them listening to the more hardcore simmer that wants to fly as real as possible. 

Awesome work dev team.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Guys,

They have quite a ways to go with more videos and what not.

You're not going to get ALL the info in a few videos.  You may not even got it all until release.

@jlund I think it does have the Garmins in it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

9 minutes ago, kand said:

What does 25,001 mean???

this is a secret insider information! 😁 (btw. the avsim forum started to collapse again 😲)

woah i am happy its 00:07 and i can finaly go to bed, the new video was worth the waiting!

Nice information for 3D modellers like the 4k PBR Materials!