Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

12 minutes ago, Noooch said:

You really don't get it, tone is everything.

If I don't like the font, am I restricted in my comments? Shouldn't they know everyone is not font of it?

I thank Asobo and Microsoft for the tremendous work they are doing and I am one of their most supportive fans. But one day I choose to say what I don't like about something and I get this kind of comments. 

I really don't need you to paternalize me, thank you.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. But freedom doesn't necessitate action.

Opinions and constructive criticism, is always great to hear...

... rant, on the other hand...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

14 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Is this the first first civilian simulator title developed in Europe? 😉

No, Aerofly is from Germany i think.

Edited by ArchStanton
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

High quality supersonic aircraft aren't even a problem in FSX/P3D. It's just the unique vortex lift that needs to considered, but that's the beauty of a simulation.

It shouldn't be a problem to 'simulate' 😉

I really hope you're right because having to stick to 32-bit P3Dv3 and down-scale res to 1920*1080 for Concrode is grim. FSL have said they will only do one 64-bit version of Concorde - either P3Dv5 or MFS. I will just have to follow their choice.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, domkle said:

The checklist management system including highlighting buttons, levers and switches is something long overdue ! 

Totally Agree.  Learning new aircraft will be so much easier.  I hope there is a handy screen for V speeds, Landing Speeds and Flap speeds too.  And that it can be undocked and moved to a second monitor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, stevphfeniey said:

In This Thread: Grouchy old dudes argue

Yeah, sometimes we like to play the Walter Matthau/Jack Lemmon routines   :wink:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, MagentaChild said:

With the quality of default aircraft nearing or even exceeding the quality of some payware aircraft it also will become more difficult for users with limited financial resources like myself to justify spending 150$ on a PMDG product that will only be somewhat better (instead of leaps and bounds better) than a default plane.

Questions for every Payware Aircraft:

1. Was the cockpit scanned to exact dimensions?

2. Were the sounds recorded from the cockpit?

3. Was the aircraft certified by the manufacturer?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Questions for every Payware Aircraft:

1. Was the cockpit scanned to exact dimensions?

2. Were the sounds recorded from the cockpit?

3. Was the aircraft certified by the manufacturer?

Your post just made me think of something... Have MS/Asobo confirmed whether they would extend the partnership relationships they have with third parties to develop their products directly with them?

That may even out the playing field for other developers to compete with PMDG an maybe drive down prices a bit.

Edited by Carts85

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I really hope you're right because having to stick to 32-bit P3Dv3 and down-scale res to 1920*1080 for Concrode is grim. FSL have said they will only do one 64-bit version of Concorde - either P3Dv5 or MFS. I will just have to follow their choice.

At this point in time Ray, it looks like the momentum is with MSFS, don't you think? After all normally other devs and the masses normally follow the top devs like PMDG. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, eaim said:

At this point in time Ray, it looks like the momentum is with MSFS, don't you think? After all normally other devs and the masses normally follow the top devs like PMDG. 

I really don’t know as far as FSL are concerned. They haven’t said anything publicly since June regarding Concorde. But if they can adapt their Airbus series for MFS then you would hope they can do the same for Concorde.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Greazer said:

Yea it builds the 3d model, just by pointing.

https://www.artec3d.com/portable-3d-scanners/artec-leo

That is an awesome tool, but just a little bit too costly for most developers... :ohmy:

6 hours ago, Max50 said:

I'll take the heat off you, they'll all be quoting me now.

No, "they'll" be mostly ignoring such a "Debbie Downer..."  :laugh:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Totally Agree.  Learning new aircraft will be so much easier.  I hope there is a handy screen for V speeds, Landing Speeds and Flap speeds too.  And that it can be undocked and moved to a second monitor.

(re checklists)

What's wrong with studying the POH?  I thought the whole point of flight simming was to pretend you're a *real* pilot.

This looks very nice....extremely nice I should say. The delay in releasing Tech Alpha 1 is however very disappointing....

too much, too soon....

28 minutes ago, lzamm said:

(re checklists)

What's wrong with studying the POH?  I thought the whole point of flight simming was to pretend you're a *real* pilot.

Unfortunately too many simmers are pretending to pretend they are a "real" pilot. :laugh:

• Like 1