Sign in to follow this  
DaWu

Nobody's asking for VR

Nobody's asking for VR, thats what Microsofts Phil Spencer (head of xbox and gaming at MS) said

https://stevivor.com/features/interviews/vr-not-a-focus-of-project-scarlett-says-phil-spencer/

How many Simmer use VR actually? 1 of 100?

And here is my concern. The very few crying so loud that Asobo made VR a priority taking time away from real important stuff like ATC, AI or similar.

• Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

Nobody is asking for VR for the XBox is what he is talking about. He even acknowledges that if you want VR you go to PC.

I agree that VR simmers are in the minority but that doesn't mean they don't exist. There are quite large numbers of them spread across many different forums (avsim isnt the only game in town!) and while I wouldn't put VR ahead of more basic functionality it is definitely a feature you need to have in a modern cockpit based simulator(pretty much every PC based simulator be it space, racing or flight now supports VR).

Chris

• Like 4

Once you try vr it is very hard to go back to a flat screen.  As head sets and performance get better vr will get more popular. 

The immersion factor is impossible to beat compared to a flat screen.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

lol not again....tenor.gif

Edited by Nedo68
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What a troll post...

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

That's what happens when you "ban" talk about a certain reasonable subject. People get confused, things get repeated. Totally not surprising.

Add to that the "no talk about hardware" without any comment (to the questions asked) about what constitutes hardware (TrackIR for example) and people have to be mind readers to know what's going on and whether or not they will be sent to the naughty corner.

🙈🙉🙊

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Personally I'd rather MS initially focused on seasons, ATC, AI traffic and then maybe VR.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Someone should start a poll:

What do you think, how many threads about VR will we have until release of MSFS?

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, eaim said:

Personally I'd rather MS initially focused on seasons, ATC, AI traffic and then maybe VR.

I fully agree!!

• Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

31 minutes ago, nonflyingdutchman said:

half life alyx vr only👍 how it should be!

.....if you want 1% of your potential customers to buy your product.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

28 minutes ago, nonflyingdutchman said:

half life alyx vr only👍 how it should be!

Valve are trying to promote their own VR so they are willing to make a loss on sales as the numbers will be very low.

Imagine this would come out for normal PC users. They would easily sell 10 million copies

Lukas Dalton

Probably you forgot to read this in the very same article:

“The vast majority of our customers know if they want a VR experience, there’s places to go get those. We see the volumes of those on PC and other places.”

Cheers

Carlos

• Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

57 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Valve are trying to promote their own VR so they are willing to make a loss on sales as the numbers will be very low.

Btw, if you allready own a Valve Index or just the Index Controllers the game is free for you anyway.

Nice move from Valve 👍