Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

A2A Thanksgiving Sale

Seeing as how they are for two dead sims, I'm surprised it's not 75% off. :wink:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That's what I was thinking, being that MFS is coming, some folks are holding on to their money, I am.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I find a lot of these amateur flightsim developers' marketing strategies quite amusing.  Even with the upcoming release of MSFS, which will likely render their products obsolete, they still desperately hold out for top dollar and offer only paltry 25% discounts.

The smarter strategy would be to drop the price drastically, like 50% or more, to try and entice at least a few folks to buy your product. 

Dave

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

5 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Yeah, I find a lot of these amateur flightsim developers' marketing strategies quite amusing.  Even with the upcoming release of MSFS, which will likely render their products obsolete, they still desperately hold out for top dollar and offer only paltry 25% discounts.

The smarter strategy would be to drop the price drastically, like 50% or more, to try and entice at least a few folks to buy your product. 

Dave

Uhh... the sales are pretty much the same this time every year, and A2A is hardly an amateur developer.

Why should addon developers drastically cut prices when MSFS isn't due until probably late next year? That's silly. 

If people want to not spend money because of something that *might* come out 9-12-whatever months from now than that's their prerogative. Addon developers can't assume everyboduvis leaving and just start drastically cutting prices on everything. That....is amateur. 

Edited by Arklight1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

24 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

amateur flightsim developers

Are you serious? A2A = amateur developer???

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

A2A doesn't need to entice anyone. They do the best GA on the market. I really hope your new favourite and best simulator ever done but not released yet could achieve the immersion of the A2A products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is exactly MS startegy. Make some promises, do some trailers and wait for people holding off their wallets.. 

Meanwhile, developers strugle to improve their income, cut on development and therefore a good sim becomes a dead sim. 

Then eventually when msfs is relased, if, they can ask what they want. Competition is gone

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

Far from being an 'amateur flightsim developer' A2A is one of the most professional developers out there producing excellent aircraft and providing superb support. Indeed the quality of their products is second to none and is so good that they do not need to offer a discount to entice sales!

This is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to add some brilliant aircraft to FSX or P3D.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Given the climate around here these days, I wouldn't kid about something like that.

I'm not holding on to my money. Every time MSFS puts out a sim, I can't get decent fps for at least 5 yrs after anyway. I'm spending on what works for me now. Thanks A2A! Nice sale.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Does their Comanche  250 offer integration of the flight1 GTN 750 out of the box?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

For the record, I was kidding.

Wait!!  What?? But. You. Never. Kid!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Greg

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Yes.

Wait!!  What?? But. You. Never. Kid!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Greg

I know, it was a moment of weakness. :sad:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.