Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

ORBX up too 50% off

38 minutes ago, tktheo93 said:

How long does the sale run?

Till January 5th 01:00z

• Like 1

Sorry to change the topic a bit, I would like to buy a few items as well from this sale, however I have not yet updated from Central 3 to Orbx Central, Have been hesitant to proceed so far. Anyone lately changed to the new version and what problem(s) have you encountered??? Is it save to proceed now or wait longer?

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

5 hours ago, pgde said:

I thought the post was about Honolulu. That is what I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion. 

Ah ok. Interesting, I did a fairly extensive trip around the island, granted in the new Justflight Robin, and performance for me was great in 4k. Performance is always a touchy one though, so many factors involved. Nonetheless, thanks for the reply.

16 minutes ago, helberger said:

Sorry to change the topic a bit, I would like to buy a few items as well from this sale, however I have not yet updated from Central 3 to Orbx Central, Have been hesitant to proceed so far. Anyone lately changed to the new version and what problem(s) have you encountered??? Is it save to proceed now or wait longer?

Thanks

I did for the purchase of Honolulu specifically. It looks like some products, not all, require it and Honolulu was one of them. For me it was fine, no issues, but I also did not try to retroactively change or move any of my existing sceneries. I simply bought and installed Honolulu, reset my library insertion point, and everything was good.

- Aaron

On 11/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, Skywolf said:

True Earth Performance is good in P3D4.5HF2 (I still do not understand why people complain all the time) - it is just that size are huge but that is relative to your SSD.  If you have a big one makes no difference.  Getting 4 more things to complete my entire P3d Orbx Collection (gotta get them all lol).

What? The performance is terrible. I bought TE GB South yesterday. Maybe the performance out in the countryside in a GA aircraft is acceptable, but the second you get near a city the performance goes in the garbage (Fly near London and it's goodbye FPS!! I think I went from 50 FPS to about sub-15). TE GB South city areas run terrible in P3D v4.5 HF2. Even Orbx admits to that ( think they are working on an update).And no, I don't max out my settings. lol

@slait If you only fly GA aircraft (or anything non-complex), or run very low settings, or don;t go near cities than TE GB South might work for you. If you enjoy complex aircraft/airline type flying than I would stay away from TE GB South for right now. Flying in London is unplayable as it stands in complex aircraft (FSLabs for instance) unless you turn your settings down quite a ways....and if you are doing that, than there's no point to using this scenery. IMO, the TE stuff is really designed for GA enthusiasts. Inversely, you could buy the scenery now at the drastic discount and hope the update helps with the performance (that's sort of what I did). Keep in mind it might only be one season as well 😕

My Specs for reference:

I9 9900K @ 5ghz

32GB GSkill

RTX 2080 TI

Asus PG348Q UW

Edited by Arklight1
  • Like 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

That's kind of what I was afraid of. Thanks for the heads up, and proper straight talk on your experience.

- Aaron

50 minutes ago, slait said:

That's kind of what I was afraid of. Thanks for the heads up, and proper straight talk on your experience.

No worries. I run Global/Vector/OpenLC Europe but will buy EU England and report back the performance, unless there is another scenery you want to see the performance of?

With GLobal/Vector/OpenLC Europe, performance is extremely good in/around major cities (London/Frankfurt/Dublin/Paris).

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I actually already have EU England and am pretty happy with it performance-wise, though I typically avoid Heathrow. When I fly in I usually go into Gatwick and that does just fine. Was tempted by the shiny TE under the sale, but I'm not willing to take that big of a hit on performance, and I have a less powerful machine than you.

- Aaron

21 minutes ago, slait said:

I actually already have EU England and am pretty happy with it performance-wise, though I typically avoid Heathrow. When I fly in I usually go into Gatwick and that does just fine. Was tempted by the shiny TE under the sale, but I'm not willing to take that big of a hit on performance, and I have a less powerful machine than you.

Yeah it was really bad. In fact I haven't seen something bring my PC to its knees like that EVER. I actually thought there was something wrong with P3D. 😕

Glad to hear you are happy with EU England though, I may pick that one up with Germany N and S. 

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

flying over london to cardiff in tdfi 717 on a 1070ti and I7-4970k with ssd and 16gb ram.. No big drops using TE south and 1080p. 

Now I guess that I'll have to reconsider my words after changing to a 4k 43"

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, slait said:

Ah ok. Interesting, I did a fairly extensive trip around the island, granted in the new Justflight Robin, and performance for me was great in 4k. Performance is always a touchy one though, so many factors involved. Nonetheless, thanks for the reply.

I did for the purchase of Honolulu specifically. It looks like some products, not all, require it and Honolulu was one of them. For me it was fine, no issues, but I also did not try to retroactively change or move any of my existing sceneries. I simply bought and installed Honolulu, reset my library insertion point, and everything was good.

Thanks for the info, will have to install Orbx Central, thinking of buying London Central.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I picked up FTX Germany South and while it is nice, in all honesty, I really can;t see a difference between that and Global+Vector+EuropeLC. The only difference I can really see is the lower frame rates with the FTX region installed.  

Is it safe to assume the FTX Regions are designed to cater more to GA folks and not us Airliner types?

Ark

2 hours ago, Arklight1 said:

I picked up FTX Germany South and while it is nice, in all honesty, I really can;t see a difference between that and Global+Vector+EuropeLC.

I am also a user of both Germany South and North. I do see a difference. If you fly around Germany (in different seasons), you will see the ground features are much more detailed.
Each city and town is there, not only as landclass but also including many custom made building and landmarks.There are city centres, monuments, chimneys, mines, masts, different field systems, etc.
Cities like Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Cologne or Hamburg are very nicely recreated. And even though I am mainly a tube flyer, it adds a lot of immersion to my departures and approaches and is nice to look at while cruising too.

I can easily see the difference when flying out of Germany, to France, Benelux, Czechia or Poland, where I only have Global, OpenLC and UTX. The number of features and the accuracy of landscape is immediately reduced.
To a very nice level still, but it is not the same.

My only complaint is it does take its toll on performance (I've had a low FPS approach to EDDK recently), but that is to be expected, as no extra features ever come for free.

Edited by Rafal
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, helberger said:

Thanks for the info, will have to install Orbx Central, thinking of buying London Central.

Hi Helmut,

I too still not have upgraded from FTX Central 3 to Orbx Central and, like you, I was hesitant to do so, having read posts about various issues with it when it first came out. As I use SIMStarterNG to create various scenery sets (scenery.cfg files) depending on where I am flying, I did not want Orbx Central to change my scenery cfg. Although I already have a lot of Orbx FSX products, I am keen to add one or two more particularly at these sale prices. I would be very grateful therefore if you could give us some feedback on how it went when you installed Orbx Central and whether there are any unwanted effects on your existing setup? Many thanks, 

Bill

6 hours ago, Rafal said:

I am also a user of both Germany South and North. I do see a difference. If you fly around Germany (in different seasons), you will see the ground features are much more detailed.
Each city and town is there, not only as landclass but also including many custom made building and landmarks.There are city centres, monuments, chimneys, mines, masts, different field systems, etc.
Cities like Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Cologne or Hamburg are very nicely recreated. And even though I am mainly a tube flyer, it adds a lot of immersion to my departures and approaches and is nice to look at while cruising too.

I can easily see the difference when flying out of Germany, to France, Benelux, Czechia or Poland, where I only have Global, OpenLC and UTX. The number of features and the accuracy of landscape is immediately reduced.
To a very nice level still, but it is not the same.

My only complaint is it does take its toll on performance (I've had a low FPS approach to EDDK recently), but that is to be expected, as no extra features ever come for free.

I will do more flying there, perhaps I have been too quick to judge 🙂

Ark

7 hours ago, scianoir said:

Hi Helmut,

I too still not have upgraded from FTX Central 3 to Orbx Central and, like you, I was hesitant to do so, having read posts about various issues with it when it first came out. As I use SIMStarterNG to create various scenery sets (scenery.cfg files) depending on where I am flying, I did not want Orbx Central to change my scenery cfg. Although I already have a lot of Orbx FSX products, I am keen to add one or two more particularly at these sale prices. I would be very grateful therefore if you could give us some feedback on how it went when you installed Orbx Central and whether there are any unwanted effects on your existing setup? Many thanks, 

Bill

Hi,

I will let you know how it went but it may not be soon, Orbs sale is on all December and I am hoping that with another

version of ORBX Central  S/W a few more problems will be fixed to ensure a smoother change.

Helmut

• Upvote 1

Helmut Berger