Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

ORBX up too 50% off

On 12/3/2019 at 6:25 AM, scianoir said:

Hi Helmut,

I too still not have upgraded from FTX Central 3 to Orbx Central and, like you, I was hesitant to do so, having read posts about various issues with it when it first came out. As I use SIMStarterNG to create various scenery sets (scenery.cfg files) depending on where I am flying, I did not want Orbx Central to change my scenery cfg. Although I already have a lot of Orbx FSX products, I am keen to add one or two more particularly at these sale prices. I would be very grateful therefore if you could give us some feedback on how it went when you installed Orbx Central and whether there are any unwanted effects on your existing setup? Many thanks, 

Bill

Hi Bill,

I went ahead and installed ORBX Central and let you know I have had no problems. It automatically upgraded anything that had

new batches, etc. Only had a few Elevation issues with ORBX airports such as KTVL, LEBB and ESSA. Used the insertion feature and moved all FTX items below the last 3rd party addon and that fixed it all. Works great, have since bought the ORBX EGLC addon and it

installed without a hitch. I am satiesfied. May work for you as well but every ones mileage can vary.

Good Luck

Helmut

• Upvote 1

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Hi Helmut,

I really appreciate your feedback, thank you. I was concerned that it might mess things up in a big way, but minor problems such as elevation issues I can handle so I will probably install it and add a couple more Orbx sceneries while the sale is on.

Best regards,

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

Hi Helmut,

I really appreciate your feedback, thank you. I was concerned that it might mess things up in a big way, but minor problems such as elevation issues I can handle so I will probably install it and add a couple more Orbx sceneries while the sale is on.

Best regards,

Bill

You are welcome.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger