Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

P3DV4 - How to do a "fresh" Installation ?

Hi, 

I updated my computer hardware today to an I9 9900KS on a 390er Motherboard. I tried the previous P3D Installation from my old System (I7, 6700K) 

but it seams not to work as good as I aspected, so I decided to make a fresh install.

I have the following hard drives:

Drive C        960 Evo M.2 SSD              256 GB    for Win10

Drive D        970 Evo Plus M.2  SSD          1 TB    for P3D

Drive E        950 Evo  (normal) SSD       465 GB   for Addons ? 

Drive C and D are M.2 SSDs and faster than Drive E because its only a "normal" SSD

I have to install: 

P3DV4

Active Sky, Chaseplane

ORBX (Global, Vector, LC; regional Areas: all North America Areas, Australia, Neuseeland, Germany, England, Wales, some Airports)

UTX USA, Europa, Canada, TAC

FS pilots Mesh (9 DVDs) 

50 Airports from

Flytampa, Flightbeam, FSDreamteam, MK Studio, Justsim, Aerosoft...

Which order would you recommend to me and which addons would you install where? 

Thanks Erik

My config is I have P3D installed in an SSD, and all other add-ons and scenery installed in a normal 2TB HDD.

But since all you storage drive are SSD, there is not much advantage to be gained by splitting the install between separate drives. I would recommend, irrespective of where you install them, to add the airports using the add-on.xml method, and avoid installing them in the main root folder.

Also, FYI, m.2 is a physical standard and nothing to do with speed. You're probably referring to the NVME standard.

1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Also, FYI, m.2 is a physical standard and nothing to do with speed. You're probably referring to the NVME standard.

The 960 EVO and 970 EVO plus are NVMe.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.