Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Chips

can you trust the ILS?

It would be pretty cool if this was modeled in the sim...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

That was some good crm going on there.

Gerry
Prepar3D V4 - PMDG 747/400- PMDG 737 - Majestic Dash 8 - Activesky 16 - ASCA - ORBX FTX Global base pack - ORBX NA LC - ORBX HD Trees - Precipitfx - Chaseplane - Carenado PC-12, QW 787, FT(CYYZ, KBOS, CYUL), FB (KIAD,KPDX,KSFO), FSDT (CYVR)

System: Intel I7 7700 / 12 GB Ram / Windows 10 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / 32" Acer Monitor

A timely reminder to do your glidepath checks, especially when the ILS you are using has been mentioned in the NOTAMs ... for whatever reason.Well spotted by the crew and no harm done, mission accomplished, home for tea and medals.There's a treeless ditch in the side of a hill a few miles short of Zurich's runway 14, I believe it's what's left of an Alitalia jet that also didn't do glidepath checks many many years ago ... no tea and medals for them though...Take care,Ian

Guest Mr Chips

My opinion based purely on what was presented there is not so positive. It seems to me that something was glossed over. There wasn't an explanation of why they had the "energy" problem. If the false glideslope was steeper than the expected glideslope then this should stand out a mile in terms of attitude and descent rate. Also, I am somewhat shocked that nobody bothered looking at the DME and checking the hieght of the FAP.It wouldn't be a good thing when three guys in the cockpit failed to check the most basic ques. Therefore, on the face of it, this was not good example of adequate CRM. If it wasn't for the village lights being visible, they would be in a smoking hole too.Of course, that video could have badly represented that incident.