Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

hi everyone...am new to ms flight sim and need help?

Guest twoarms

hi.please be gentle with me this is my first post!have been playing military flight sims(mostly falcon 4) for about 6 years but have never took the plunge with ms flight sim.have finally come to my senses and am about to take my first steps into this new world.what a time i have chosen?flight sim x is released in the uk on the 13th.what i would really like to know is,is it worth me getting fsx or fs9.i have read in the forums that some of you prefer the look and certainly the frame rate of fs9 when you have all your add ons installed.obviously being new to all this i have no add ons to worry about and my pc runs the latest demo of fsx anywhere between 18-40 fps with details set on high.i will be getting one of the new direct x 10 graphics cards when they arrive so hoping this will improve things.its my birthday next week and will be getting the ch flight yoke to help me along.sorry for the ramble but any help you can give a ms flight sim noob would be really appreciated.thanks richard

Since you have a pretty decent system and planning to upgrade to dx10, you should definitely get FSX no question. You would get a great performance with fs9 but you need the new one. Hope this helps.

Guest allcott

If you can find FS9 in the abrgain bins now then, yes, get it. There is an army of addons available right now and it willrun quite happikly alongside FSX. But concentrate on FSX as that's where we're all going, and you may as well come along!Allcott

Guest martin842

No question, get FSX. By the time you have got the hang of things, freeware and payware add-ons for FSX will be starting to appear, On a good system, FSX will eventually (i.e. with add-ons) far outclass FS9.Martin