Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Just Flight's new Robin DR400 costs only $15!

Interesting. Wonder if that price is temporary?

- Aaron

No. Read the web page and you’ll see why it’s such a good price. Very generous of JF. 

Best regards

Rupert

It's amazing ! This can easily be the best texured/modeled GA in P3D.

A standing ovation from me to Just Flight for the quality and their very generous offer to the community. 

tppz6bk.jpg

KBq2ksw.jpg

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Finally Just Flight is offering value for money again. They have gone completely off the rails in the last two years with runaway prices in my opinion. While I'm not denying their good quality, I simply find it hard to justify paying some of their recent asking prices, unless one is a type-rated pilot on that aircraft and simply have to have it.

• Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Purchased and looking forward to trying it out.

- Aaron

Great little aircraft and a steal at the price!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Looks good. How does it fly?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I bought it because of the 

On 11/30/2019 at 2:13 AM, Daedalus said:

It's amazing ! This can easily be the best texured/modeled GA in P3D.

Well, i bought it because that’s a strong endorsement, but i have to say i’m disappointed.

Panel textures are just “meh”, rather than “best ever”.

The in-cockpit menu has minimal options, and has the same 1980s graphic quality as other just flight planes. And the menu arrow turns into a giant arrow that completely blocks the screen in VR mode, which is a serious oversight by a sim developer in 2019.

It’s OK if you want a cheap GA plane, maybe. The freeware DR400 released by Aerobask for X-plane is better.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'm sorry you are disappointed. Are you sure you saw the panels in all lighting conditions? On dark conditions without the panel lights they may look dark. I also use default shaders if this plays a role. In my opinion the texturing, PBR and modeling when you pay close attention to details is unmatched. Both inside and out. But of course opinions are subjective.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Has anyone been able to get the flight1 GTN750 into the virtual cockpit?  I’ve selected this option in the cockpit configurator but it doesn’t change the virtual cockpit.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yeah, I'm not sure how you get meh when looking at this panel. I'm super impressed with it and agree that it's right up there with the best. I'm left wondering if we're looking at the same plane. Very strange.

Also, yes, I have the GTN750 working fine. Two little tricks though, first make sure you select it from the panel switcher outside of P3D, then you have to select it from the add ons menu inside P3D.

EDIT: it should also be said that the menu arrow referenced above can be turned off with a shift-6. Problem solved.

Edited by slait
  • Like 1

- Aaron

10 minutes ago, slait said:

I'm left wondering if we're looking at the same plane. Very strange.

There are 3 different Robin DR400 products for sale in the Just Flight store by Just Flight (the latest one), Lionheart and Aerosoft! I found myself mistakenly looking at the Lionheart one, which is also available at a sale price, when I first went on the JF website.

Bill

Thanks Aaron, I did the first step outside the sim but didn't realize I had to select a separate aircraft in the sim.

Dave