Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Deluxe Version

May be too early for even the devs to know, but I wonder if they are going to go down the same path as so many other game devs these days with releasing a more expensive "deluxe", and "Collectors" edition? Ughh. Didn't that happen with FS9? I think I recall seeing my collectors tin in the garage.

Yep, a number of the previous MSFS titles had a deluxe version.  Even FSX had a gold version on release.

20 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Yep, a number of the previous MSFS titles had a deluxe version.  Even FSX had a gold version on release.

Actually (and yeah, I'll have to admit this is pet peeve of mine), there was never an Gold Version.  There was a Gold Package, which contained Deluxe and Acceleration - the user had to choose between them.  Also this was not published at release, because the Acceleration version didn't exist for quite some time afterwards.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually (and yeah, I'll have to admit this is pet peeve of mine), there was never an Gold Version.  There was a Gold Package, which contained Deluxe and Acceleration - the user had to choose between them.  Also this was not published at release, because the Acceleration version didn't exist for quite some time afterwards.

Sorry, I was thinking of the deluxe version.  But hey... it did have a good package!

Yeah, I ran Deluxe for many years, then Acceleration, then the Steam Version which was Acceleration with some important fixes.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

May be too early for even the devs to know, but I wonder if they are going to go down the same path as so many other game devs these days with releasing a more expensive "deluxe", and "Collectors" edition? Ughh. Didn't that happen with FS9? I think I recall seeing my collectors tin in the garage.

I loved my FS9 metal box and I want one for FS20 with a 1 TB SSD in it ! 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would definitely buy a collector's edition with a more deluxe packaging that could contain a full manual, an artbook with behind-the-scenes stuff or other goodies inside.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

or other goodies inside.

a t-shirt maybe :laugh: ?

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Expect a collector's edition with a model of the 748 inside.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

14 minutes ago, domkle said:

a t-shirt maybe :laugh: ?

One of those t-shirts they've been wearing in the videos and events would be nice. Other stuff could be stickers of the logo, postcards from scenic locations, a small model aircraft etc.

• Like 1

oh yes a please a metall box collectors edition!! something for the vitrine.

I have all the old original Floppy Discs, CD's and like domkle the FS9 Metal Box.

2020 is the perfect year, call it "The rise of Microsoft Flightsimulator"

Good aged as Star Wars, but on Dec 18th the Saga will end 😥

• Like 1

8 hours ago, domkle said:

I loved my FS9 metal box and I want one for FS20 with a 1 TB SSD in it ! 

I still have my FS9 metal box, it's right over there on the shelf!

I should make some use of it.  Maybe as a cookie tin for xmas?  Then it would be FSXMas.  People would wonder what it is.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

This opens up a can of worms about the pricing model. Put it this way - do any of us actually believe Microsoft will provide this simulator fully featured for 60 bucks and then give us free updates for the next 10 years...? Who is going to pay for that extra development, Microsoft out of the kindness of there heart! 🙂  

Something tells me we'll get more than just a 'standard' version. Maybe you pay extra for streaming higher quality scenery - that would be terrible by the way. The obvious answer of course is that they continue to develop new aircraft and scenery as purchasable DLC as they've put in the development pipelines and partnerships in place so why not use them.

And then what of the streaming data itself. If London gets the photogrammetry treatment, does that mean everybody gets it automatically or only those who have purchased it?

The devs have said it will come in 3 versions pre-download pre-cache and full stream at the moment but that may change, but I would not be surprised to see 2021 DLC service pack1, then later service pack2 at a cost we will have to wait and see.

Don't worry there will be merchandise China will see to that and possibly MSFS on disc just don't use on the net.  

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

There aren't really service packs anymore. There are rolling bug fixes and new features. That's how it works for MS and most of the software industry.

37 minutes ago, rjfry said:

The devs have said it will come in 3 versions pre-download pre-cache and full stream 

Just to be clear there won't be three versions of the same sim. It's 3 free ways to have scenery in the same sim.

• Like 2