Sign in to follow this  
Bruce953

P2ATC using the HP Reverb Pro VR Headset & Steam apps.

Quote "Using the STEAM app OVRDrop to bring a 2D P2A window into VR I have been able to interact with P2A in the cockpit.  I use the Mouse, but the  controllers also were able to click on the buttons.  There are probably other ways to do the same thing.

Many users also just set up the flight plan and file it before going under the hood, and then fly just using the cockpit instruments and interacting with ATC.  

Dave"

I sense that more and more people are coming to flightsim in VR mode and I too have now made the switch.  Thanks for your comment above Dave as I am finding the best P2A technique exactly as you state in the above quote, i.e. ".... just set up the flight plan and file it before going under the hood, and then fly just using the cockpit instruments and interacting with ATC" . 

I look fwd to all future P2A enhancements.

Cheers, Bruce

• Like 1

There is a similar app called Daily OVR on Steam that has a free demo.  Also sort of related to this, if you press the menu button on a controller it brings up a menu where you can launch the MS Edge browser.  Edge can open pdf files like charts and Simbrief flightplans.  Very useful.

Edited by kpan
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 7:42 AM, kpan said:

There is a similar app called Daily OVR on Steam that has a free demo.  Also sort of related to this, if you press the menu button on a controller it brings up a menu where you can launch the MS Edge browser.  Edge can open pdf files like charts and Simbrief flightplans.  Very useful.

Does this app require the launch of Steam in order to interact with P3D?

I assume I can’t use it directly with P3D when I just enable my Oculus Rift-S from P3D without having a Steam VR installed and open?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

No, it works fine with P3D using VR or not.  

If you want to be able to see and interact with Pilot2ATC while 'under the hood' in VR, then you will need a program that allows you to bring Windows desktop applications into your VR world.  STEAM offers several of these, but I'm sure others are available.

Some users create and File their flight plans before going into VR.  ATC then interacts verbally without issue.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

No, it works fine with P3D using VR or not.  

If you want to be able to see and interact with Pilot2ATC while 'under the hood' in VR, then you will need a program that allows you to bring Windows desktop applications into your VR world.  STEAM offers several of these, but I'm sure others are available.

Some users create and File their flight plans before going into VR.  ATC then interacts verbally without issue.

Dave

Thanks for the quick response Dave.

I am pretty well versed in VR but try to stay away from Steam apps.

Regarding the Daily OVR app it can only be purchased through Steam so I assumed it may require Steam running to open and use it.

Now that I have built a much more powerful PC I may just try the Oculus Dash pinning methods again and see how much they effect my performance.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I am a X-Plane 11 user with a Valve Index so use SteamVR.

I have been using OVR Toolkit to allow me to bring in my whole desktop and as many other windows as I want like Pilot2ATC. I am having so much fun streaming on Twitch and showing what is currently possible with the tools that are available now.

I was using the demo of Pilot2ATC but just this morning bought it because it fulfilled my needs as a GA VFR sim pilot.

Thanks Dave.

Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux