Sign in to follow this  
lownslo

Purchase questions

I'm ready to move from the F1 GTN's to RXP.  One reason I haven't done so sooner is the F1 eCommerce wrapper... what a pain!  F1 dumps a licensing folder in the root of the C drive... will I have the same thing with RXP?  Can RXP products be installed to the user's Addon folder (where 3rd party addons should be installed for P3Dv4)?

For some reason I'm having difficulty downloading the GTN manual now... I'm curious how the RXP's CPU affinity is set?  Is it difficult (I have no problem working with a text file... that's how I make changes now with the F1 GTN's).

Thanks,

Greg

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay hopefully we've extended our offer so you can still benefit from it!

We're using the e-commerce wrapper which indeed creates a C:\RealityXP folder where it unwraps the software installer and the authentication validation. However, once you've installed the software, you can move the unwrapped installer anywhere for archiving and move the .lic file to "My Documents\Reality XP" for convenience.

We're currently evaluating a modernized and overhauled f1 system but there are remaining shortcomings for our needs.

As for installation, our products install as add-on (FltSim) or plugin (X-Plane) following the industry standard best practices.

This means they automatically install the P3D4 add-on.xml file as recommended!

As for the manuals I'm not sure what your problem is but these are PDF files with direct link from our front page. Here is the link for the GTN FltSim Manual: http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/manuals/Reality XP GTN User's Manual (FltSim).pdf

As for the Affinity setting you shouldn't be concerned with this with the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch! There is a setting in case you want to dive deeper in how it runs but the default, Automatic, is working perfectly fine for all our customers.

Nevertheless, straight from the manual, here is the description:

CpuAffinity
Select the CPU which will run the Garmin trainer in the background:
1 to 32 (CPU#), 0 (last core), -1 (auto)

In other words you tell which CPU# you run the trainer onto. PS: there is the undocumented '-2' setting which uses all available cores (only with the latest GTN trainer) but it is really not needed at all with our implementation!

You'll find the details in the manual once you get it but all settings are saved in a RealityXP.GTN.ini file in the aircraft folder (a text file) and this particular setting requires manually editing the file.

Otherwise manually editing the ini file is something of the past:

Settings are changed live, in-sim, without the need to reload the aircraft or start over using our Settings Panel GUI:

gtn_settings_panel_xpl.png

NB: some settings require rebooting the device like illustrated but you don't reload the aircraft!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Jean-Luc!  I bought and installed into P3dv4.5 HF2 a few days ago but this evening is the first chance I've had to work with your GTN's.  Got the 750 installed into the A2A Bonanza and Cessna 182 just fine, and the 650 went nicely into the A2A Cherokee 180.  Only problem I've had is the click spot for the COM/NAV Panel swap in the 650.  Moving my mouse cursor over the lower right corner of the gauge changes the cursor to a hand, but that's as far as I get.  Left clicking does nothing.  Well, any clicking does nothing.

These are seriously nice gauges with superior graphics.  And the .ini files are very easy to work with (my preference).

Thanks for some great GPS units!

Greg

On 12/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, lownslo said:

the click spot for the COM/NAV Panel swap in the 650.  Moving my mouse cursor over the lower right corner of the gauge changes the cursor to a hand, but that's as far as I get.

• Is this on the popup window or in the 3D panel?
  • If the former, are you using 'legacy mouse' option (using left click for CCW, right click for CW and middle click for push) ?
  • If the latter and the 3D panel, is this a A2A approved integration or just a gauge swap?

NB: in the 3D panel, each knobs and buttons must embed the code to 'trigger' the action back to the gauge. We do offer all that is necessary for 3rd party vendors to integrate our GPS but some aircraft are too old, or, this might just be a bug in the integration itself.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, lownslo said:

These are seriously nice gauges with superior graphics.  And the .ini files are very easy to work with (my preference).

I thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts in this discussion which might help other people:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546054-swapped-f1-to-rxp-gtn750/

This is definitely something other customers are wondering like in this discussion as well:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/526688-gtn-750-flight-1-or-reality-xp/page/5/

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 12/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, RXP said:
  • Is this on the popup window or in the 3D panel?

Both in the A2A Cherokee.

• If the former, are you using 'legacy mouse' option (using left click for CCW, right click for CW and middle click for push) ?

No, I'm using the standard "usemouse" on all my configs.

• If the latter and the 3D panel, is this a A2A approved integration or just a gauge swap?

A search of the A2A forums yielded no definitive answer (which may say more about my search skills than anything else :biggrin:).

Unfortunately, I believe this may be an issue with my 650.  I've now tested the gauge in the stock P3Dv4 Commander and Maule (of course, as pop-ups only) and I also swapped the 650 for the GTN 750 I had originally installed in the A2A Bonanza.  The Bonanza was released with the option to install the ReailtyXP GNS or GTN avionics, but the issue appears on all aircraft I tested including the Bonanza.  I'm at a loss at this point, but will certainly test anything you wish me to.

Hope this info helps in some way,

Greg

OK... this post did it. I read it all and am simply impressed! Real support. What a concept.

I'm buying the Reality-XP 750. This post along with the discount coupon good to year end pushed me over the edge. I have just HAD IT with that "other" brand!

For nearly 20 years I have dealt with "Brand X", the other company that offers the GTN750. In all my flightsimming years have I NEVER run across such horrible support, clunky useless software and complete run a rounds to get very simple questions answered. I get frustrated beyond measure EVERY time I get near that outfit.

I just use it in one aircraft, the A2A Beach Bonanza V35. I will uninstall my existing 750, buy the Reality XP and open a new thread should I run into issues.

word not allowed I feel good about dumping them. I will NEVER darken their doorways again. EVER! Thanks Jean-Luc... Engage!

Bob

• Like 1

Let us know if you run into any problems with the RXP GTN750 in the a2a V35.

I have it working (nicely) in mine..

• Like 1

Bert

On 12/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, lownslo said:

Unfortunately, I believe this may be an issue with my 650. 

HI,

I believe I've lost your answer in the thread and didn't follow up.

Have you managed to get it working since then or is it still working fine with your GTN 750 but not with your GTN 650?

Please note both the 750 and 650 mouse handling code is the very same behind the scene (same knobs, same buttons, same code, only click spot size and positions change). There could be a bug in our 650 specific code but I'd suspect the issue would be widespread.

Should you hover the knob and let the click spot tooltip appear, can you please report what does it say? This will help making sure it is the GTN click spot your interacting with and not another one overlaid above in the panel.cfg file.

21 hours ago, Radial9 said:

OK... this post did it. I read it all and am simply impressed! Real support. What a concept.

I'm buying the Reality-XP 750. This post along with the discount coupon good to year end pushed me over the edge. I have just HAD IT with that "other" brand!

Hi,

I thank you for our kind words! 

I'm certain you'll enjoy your GTN simulation to its fullest potential with us.

If there is any issue, you know where to ask for help. We'll try our best to answer.

And like I've written above, once you've transitioned to you new devices and have had the time to build up your Reality XP experience, please don't hesitate to share your thoughts in this discussion which might help other people:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546054-swapped-f1-to-rxp-gtn750/

This is definitely something other customers are wondering like in this discussion as well:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/526688-gtn-750-flight-1-or-reality-xp/page/5/

On 12/23/2019 at 12:17 PM, RXP said:

HI,

I believe I've lost your answer in the thread and didn't follow up.

Have you managed to get it working since then or is it still working fine with your GTN 750 but not with your GTN 650?

Please note both the 750 and 650 mouse handling code is the very same behind the scene (same knobs, same buttons, same code, only click spot size and positions change). There could be a bug in our 650 specific code but I'd suspect the issue would be widespread.

Should you hover the knob and let the click spot tooltip appear, can you please report what does it say? This will help making sure it is the GTN click spot your interacting with and not another one overlaid above in the panel.cfg file.

Sorry for my late reply but with the holidays we've been out of town.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution for my 650's missing COM/NAV Panel swap click spot.  I just did some testing based upon your last paragraph above:

In the VC guage all the tooltips work except the COM/NAV Panel swap click spot.  For the COM/NAV click spot my cursor turns to a hand but no tooltip appears.  On the pop-up gauge none of the tooltips appear.  The hand appears when placing the cursor over any click spot but no tooltips.  I even took the time to remove the bezel from the pop-up gauge but no joy... only click spot hands but no tooltips.

No problems at all with the GTN 750.  Indeed, the more I use these gauges the more I realize they are superior!

Thanks for your attention to this matter,

Greg

I just checked my F33 Bonanza, and I do not get any Tooltips on the GTN650, in panel or popup.

On the lower right knob there are three distinct mouse symbols (turn+  turn-  and hand)

The lower part of the knob shows "hand".

If I left click while "hand" is showing, the COM/NAV switch executes.. in panel and popup.

BTW, the GTN750 operates exactly the same... does it work on the 750, but not on the 650?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Have either of you tried setting the GTN to use Legacy pointers?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just checked my F33 Bonanza, and I do not get any Tooltips on the GTN650, in panel or popup.

On the A2A Cherokee w/ 650 I get tooltips in the panel but not the pop-up.

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

On the lower right knob there are three distinct mouse symbols (turn+  turn-  and hand)

My Cherokee/650 combo gets that in the pop-up but the VC bezel just shows "Large Knob" and "Small Knob"

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If I left click while "hand" is showing, the COM/NAV switch executes.. in panel and popup.

Now we're making some headway!!!  I can't remember the last time I used the GTN pop-up... been years though.  I've been trying to make this all happen in the in-panel gauge.  Yes, in the pop-up gauge clicking the "hand" at the bottom of the "Small Knob" in the lower right corner of the gauge I can now change from COM to NAV and vice a versa!  Nothing happens when I click the "hand" at the bottom of the "Small Knob" in the in-panel gauge.

The A2A Cherokee offers a "Quick Radios" pop-up Window that I've been using the past couple weeks to change from COM to NAV freqs.  I've mapped that Window to my flight controller and now with the option of using the GTN pop-up I have multiple options available for changing the radio panel in the 650 from COM to NAV.  I believe we can conclude this matter resolved. 

Thanks to all for the help and hints. 🍻

Greg

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, lownslo said:

On the pop-up gauge none of the tooltips appear.

indeed, these are default-configured to 'off'.

[GTN_###_#.WINDOW]
tooltips = false