Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Real F-14 Sims Open to Public

It appears you can hop in several real (fully restored) F-14 Simulators around the country. I'll have to keep an eye out for these in my travels.Source: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20061007/D8KJLMPG0.htmlF-14 Simulators Debut in Pensacola, Fla. EDIT: You can't simply cut and paste copyrighted material in to forum messages here. Doing so puts AVSIM at serious risk of being sued. Don't do that again.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks for the information Al.Couldn't help but wonder what was considered the replacement bird for the Tomcat? F-15? F-18? Is there an F-22 Carrier version? etc. Happy flying:RTH

>Thanks for the information Al.>>Couldn't help but wonder what was considered the replacement>bird for the Tomcat? F-15? F-18? Is there an F-22 Carrier>version? etc. I think F/A-18 and the naval version of F-35 JSF.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest possum

Is the F-35 going to replace the F/A-18s? I was thinking i heard that it was but they are still updating the Hornets so surely not.

>EDIT: You can't simply cut and paste copyrighted material in>to forum messages here. Doing so puts AVSIM at serious risk of>being sued. Don't do that again.My appologies, but I didn't know that. Understood if it's an AVSIM rule and I will abide by the owner's wishes. BUT, in my own defense, it was not blatent plagiarism as I quoted the Date, author's name, news-outlet, and the URL to the source. It's the same as a legal bibliography. The updated Harbrace College Handbook (with 1998 MLA Style Updates) includes instructions for quoting Internet-sources exactly like this.Regarding the FA-18, it is currently the Navy's air and ground platform. Eventually, the F-22 will be the DOD-wide air-to-air strike fighter and the F-35 will be the DOD-wide ground attack platfrom, or something like that... There was just episode on Modern Marvells (History Channel) not too long ago...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

It is not an issue of plagiarism. It is an issue of copyright violation. You can use partial quotes of an article or published items (its called "Fair Use"). "Fair Use" does not allow you to post the article in its entirety or even the bulk of the article without permission from the source (in this case, the Associated Press). And, organizations like the AP take a very dim view of web sites that allow that to happen - and we don't.

Hmmm, thought I had a pretty good arguement there Tom, but your explanation sounds pretty solid (sitting back down, folding hands in lap).... :-beerchug

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

:)Well, admittedly, the concept of "Fair Use" is a tricky one, and one that is not familiar to most. We see "Fair Use" used as justification for piracy, wholesale violation of copyrights, abuse of Freeware, etc. etc. Folks are learning, but in the meantime, as you will understand, I am sure, we have to protect AVSIM from this type of thing. I don't have any particular problems with lawyers; I just hate to pay them for other's actions.

Guest Navy_Chief

Hey everyone,I am stationed at NAS Lemoore CA (Home of the west coast Hornets and Super Hornets)The JSF will be replacing what they call here "legacy Hornets" meaning the F/A-18 C/D models.So when it is all said and done the Worlds Greatest Navy will have as a carrier air wing:F/A-18 E/F Super HornetJSF F-35A Lightning IIF/A-18 G Growler SH-60 HelosE-2C HawkeyeSay goodbye to the EA-6B Prowlers, C/D Hornets and the S-3 Vikings.So as you can see, the JSF will be complementing the Super Hornets.,Bryan

Welcome aboard Chief. It is very good to see another Navy Brown shoe around these parts. Be careful! We're surrounded by a bunch of AF types. :)

Hey Chief,Trivia question for 'ya. If I tell you that I'm very partial to the Tomcat, parts of the F/A-18, the Prowler, the Growler and the entire Hawkeye, what does that tell you about me, employment wise?v/r,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Tells me you work for Northrop Grumman and have "cross decked" to the other airframes in addition to the Hawkeye. :)

>Welcome aboard Chief. It is very good to see another Navy>Brown shoe around these parts. Be careful!Careful Tom, once upon a time, a 6-y/o black-shoe here....

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Very good Tom. NG employee... Old twidget now a software engineer specializing in UNIX based C4I systems for a living...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE