Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Real F-14 Sims Open to Public

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

>Very good Tom. NG employee... Old twidget now a software>engineer specializing in UNIX based C4I systems for a>living... HAHAH, Ok, I won't hold that against you.... LM-Advanced Tech Lab guy here, doing the same sort of thing for UAV ground control systems ;)--2002cbr600f4i

Ewwww..... LOL.... Me thinks we just hijacked the heck out of this thread....

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Got 'ya. Replied to you here and will do the e-mail on Monday... :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guys, I was going to post an inappropriate joke about the Navy, instead I've decided to post a picture of how the the Air Force and Navy are working together these days. The future is bright for our two branches.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157928.jpgJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Outragious, LOL!!!! Teamwork at its best! Is that one of our Charleston birds there (yellow-stripe-tail)? I feel sorry for the signal-man....

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Navy_Chief

Thank you for the replies!It is certainly good to know we have some Navy representation here on the boards.Actually I am far from new on these boards. Been logging on to AVSIM for many years just never been an active poster. I have a fond place in my heart for Grumman. Joined the Navy in 1987 and started working on A-6E Intruders & Prowlers up in Whidbey Island. I worked Intermediate Level in the Radar shop fixing both the Intruders and the Prowlers radars. I worked on a Grumman made ATE bench called RADCOM and an older bench called MINI-SACE.Since then I have been assigned to two P-3C Orion Squadrons running the Avionics Shops (VP-4 and VP-9) and a couple of Instructor tours teaching Avionics systems to the new folks in the Navy.Speaking of C4I the Orions have been modified with C4I capability but it's windows based. (I know scary LOL)I am now lookingt at retirement here in about 3 years and am looking to get a job with the FAA as a avionics safety inspector. Wish me luck!Bryan

Okay, now I have to worry about AF guys and dudes from Lockheed Martin here??? What's next, Raytheon, L3, Thales, BAe???? Good grief. We'll need to hold a get together someday in neutral territory! :)

>Speaking of C4I the Orions have been modified with C4I>capability but it's windows based. (I know scary LOL)>>I am now lookingt at retirement here in about 3 years and am>looking to get a job with the FAA as a avionics safety>inspector. Wish me luck!>>Bryan>>LOL, my brethren out of Pax-river did all the TSC integration while I did the TacMobile integration out of Charleston in support of the P3's. I actually got to ride in the cockpit once from Yeman to Bahrain. Don't worry about having Winblows on the planes, you still have my good UNIX servers on the ground...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Bryan, you might want to look at being a Tech Rep for Northrop Grumman. They are always looking for experienced field types and with an IMO background in your resume, you couldn't do better than that for a future job.