Sign in to follow this  
chass32

What we want (in VR)

On 12/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, GCBraun said:

What ASOBO should do:

1. Download XP11

2. See what LR has done as an inspiration. 

So... you want it to run at 30 to 40 fps?

Yokes/sticks that suddenly move to full deflection with the slightest movement?

Immersion breaking lasers and glowing green things in the cockpit?

Lots of good ideas so far that are definitely needed.

One I didn't see mentioned is 'some way' to control or emulate as many keyboard keys as possible with VR UI and VR controllers.

It takes a ridiculous amount of key and key combinations to fly a complex plane, 'some how' we need to 'see' them and activate them on the fly. <no pun intended>

Edited by VeryBumpy

1 hour ago, Ikaro said:

So... you want it to run at 30 to 40 fps?

Yokes/sticks that suddenly move to full deflection with the slightest movement?

Immersion breaking lasers and glowing green things in the cockpit?

Did you get the "inspiration" point? Let me break it down for you: it means *improving* something that someone else has done.

Regarding the issues mentioned by you, I must say that VR performance on XP11 is VASTLY better when compared to P3Ds. It seems also that you do not know how to turn off the green markings (I have done that a long time ago) and perhaps also that you don't realize how the laser functionality helps folks with less space or with tables/equipment in front of them (that is a feature to me)

Hopefully MSFS will *improve* it and not do it in the half-baked way like P3D has done.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Take a look at how I have mastered VR in P3D with access to all materials/apps I need for the SIM in VR.

Edited by PrinceJohnson

Multiplayer in VR would be great: I mean it would be great to be able to fly in a shared cockpit with a fellow simmer. 

And it would be cool to have the controllers of the Rift S to appear in MSFS just like the controllers appear in the Oculus home environment (as hands, being  able to touch things...)

Edited by DocBird

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

My VR wish list:

1) Adaptive detail level to maintain a constant(ish) framerate. Either 90 / 80 fps or 45 / 40 fps.

2) Interact with the cockpit either using either virtual hands or laser pointers. Allow me to switch between the two in VR. (Aerofly has a good virtual hands implantation, X-Plane has a good laser pointer implementation).

3) A virtual tablet on the seat neat to me, or mounted on the yoke, that allows the user to access maps, charts and other info.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Something I have not seen discussed anywhere

In VR having the pilot body visible from the pilot position adds incredibly to the immersion effect.

Ideally the pilot arms and hands are coordinated with VR hands.(but I realize that is a big ask).

• Upvote 1

I9-10900K 32GB DDR4 @3000 RTX3080TI 11GB VRAM. Factory clock. HP Reverb G2

On 1/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, lenidcamper said:

Something I have not seen discussed anywhere

In VR having the pilot body visible from the pilot position adds incredibly to the immersion effect.

Ideally the pilot arms and hands are coordinated with VR hands.(but I realize that is a big ask).

I actually suggested that back in September.  Buried by now. 

This kind of goes along with the not taking point.  But, if there is a pdf viewer (essential, imo), I would like there to be at least some option to "write" on the pdf.  I realize the pen mentioned is most likely not going to happen.  However, what if you could simply draw with the virtual controller on the pdf?  For me at least, it would be useful to mark/cross-off waypoints on the flight plan form.  This is very useful when flying aircraft with the old Delco-Carousel INS units.  It'd also be nice to be able to type over pdf documents with your keyboard, items such as fuel on board while passing waypoint, time over waypoint, clearances, etc.  To me at least, these would be easiest if the mouse was still supported in VR mode.

• Like 1

I'm now using VRK to view PDFs in Aerofly. Use it with a pen tablet and you can draw on it and make notes, zoom in and out, step through to other pages. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246970

It would be nicer integrated into the sim, but this shows how it could work.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Honestly I would be perfectly happy with the bare bones p3d v4.5 VR style of implementation if it means it will be available on release.  I can turn it on and off easily, its simple and the mouse works, thats all I need to enjoy it.  I would not want to not be able to enjoy VR in the sim on day one just because they are trying to implement some elaborate VR integration.  While that would be nice, I dont want it to mean waiting longer for it.  If it takes extra time I would prefer they add that later on and just give us basic VR functionality right away.

• Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

9 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Honestly I would be perfectly happy with the bare bones p3d v4.5 VR style of implementation if it means it will be available on release.  I can turn it on and off easily, its simple and the mouse works, thats all I need to enjoy it.  I would not want to not be able to enjoy VR in the sim on day one just because they are trying to implement some elaborate VR integration.  While that would be nice, I dont want it to mean waiting longer for it.  If it takes extra time I would prefer they add that later on and just give us basic VR functionality right away.

I would rather wait and have them do it fully implemented and correctly, P3D VR is garbage

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

36 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

I would rather wait and have them do it fully implemented and correctly, P3D VR is garbage

With controller use. And an Avitab type EFB for geotiff import for charts. I'd wait too

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

it works great for me.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero