Sign in to follow this  
Sagittarius2018

Black ground textures problem: I tried all solutions but ...

Hi, I've read dozens of pages on this topic, in this forum and in others.
I have adopted all the proposed solutions; here is the list:

• delete shader folder
  • disabled the "Frozen surface" option in FTX Global Vector (ORBX): this operation solved almost all problems around KJFK airport, before it was like this
  • inserted value TextureMaxLoad = 30 in scenery.cgf file (before it did not exist)
  • increased value of TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 150 in scenery.cfg file
  • I tried to disable some scenarios

However I was not able to solve the problem at all, which is especially noticeable in the following image (note the highlighted areas).

I don't know what to do anymore, can I hope to get help from you? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1.jpg

approaching the area....

2.jpg

3.jpg

KJFK area

4.jpg

• Like 1

Hopping on-board with this one since I see a bit of this as well, but only sparsely.  A little annoying, but livable since the new sim is on its way 🙂  Regardless, would also like to understand this.  

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

3 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hopping on-board with this one since I see a bit of this as well, but only sparsely.  A little annoying, but livable since the new sim is on its way 🙂  Regardless, would also like to understand this.  

Hi dmiannay, I know that the new sim will arrive next year, but I would like to fly in a less disastrous world 😁

Edited by Sagittarius2018
  • Like 1

Yep, @Ruisseau... watched and implemented all this quite some time ago when Rod first posted it.  With all the scenery add-ons and potentials for conflict these days, I feel the only reliable way to correct this is a complete reinstall of P3D/add-ons.  Certainly doable, but the issue isn't bad enough for me at this time.  But, I would like to understand what the problem is.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Have you tried deleting all OrbX products, Global, relevant LC and Vector plus removed the SceneryIndexes_x64 from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, then verified if the issue persists? If it doesn't, try installing them one at the time, until it starts, always make sure to clean up that SceneryIndexes_x64 and let it make a fresh one each time. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

@Sagittarius2018
Have you tried this?
This is the newer version Orbx Central v4. The older version v3 is force migration.
mn1168u.png

Edited by BillS511

If you are using an add-on airport or airports that include their own landclass together with an Orbx landclass product, it's likely you're seeing a conflict--the Orbx landclass products make changes to the landclass tables, and products that reference the original P3D LC tables will end up seeing the sorts of things you have here, most notably the tell-tale night tiles during daytime.  A bunch of my FlyTampa sceneries had LC bgls that had to be removed to put an end to this.

I'd start by moving or renaming any file that looks to be landclass in any add-ons in the area.  if that doesn't work, I'd uninstall and reinstall the relevant Orbx Landclass product.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If you have Orbx scenery installed try verifying all the files in Orbx Central. That solved it for me.

• Like 1

I actually found this problem today

I should get the award for the number of times I whack my P3D root install (another story).

Back to topic - 

Here is what I saw and I need to pass my findings to Orbx Central Forums about this.

Black patches seem to happen if you only have Global and or vector installed together.  Most glaring example was around the airport KCJR (Orbx freeware global airports pack installed).  I tried everything verified all installs, sync simulator etc.

Then I installed Orbx openLC NA and it solved the problem.  The missing textures were there with global only.

Very Darn annoying problems.  Kinda worn out with all things I keep discovering

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I had this issue. The fix for me was reverting back to FTX Central instead of using the newer ORBX Central. 

Orman

Here is the detailed post on Orbx Central about this 

Something is miss in the packages

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/183574-black-textures-observation-weird-solution-to-some-degree/

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

7 hours ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

Hi, I've read dozens of pages on this topic, in this forum and in others.

Surprised you didn't come across the solution -- go into Orbx config program, and select "verify files" for all products.  Should solve the problem.  

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I had the exact same problem as the OP; like him, I read all the ‘fixes’ and none worked except one.   Essentially, I had to do a complete reinstall and load all my ORBX products with central V3.  That solved my problem.  There’s a link on the ORBX support forum explaining the rationale and they still make V3 available for this reason.  I wish I had never installed V4 as it screwed my layers up beyond repair; it cost me hours of rebuilding.  I can’t wait for a new sim to rid of this of this crazy paradigm.  

Matt King