Sign in to follow this  
Sagittarius2018

Black ground textures problem: I tried all solutions but ...

I spent the last week on this problem and have now solved mine I only installed C4 when I purchased two new airports as C3 would not download them, but what a mess I tried others solutions but no go after re-installing BASE and OLC still no go but then I checked my scenery library and found C4 had placed BASE and OLC EU and OLC NA above my airports and regional scenery, and I had already set the correct insertion point below my addons which it did but in the wrong order, I then moved ORBX BASE to bottom of ORBX above the sim base scenery then OLC then my regional above them and my airports at the top, and so far all is well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49148763702/in/dateposted-public/

Now moved and saved in the correct order and the scenery is fine now.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The random Night tiles shining through in daytime!

It’s a well known issue that will keep reoccurring w every Orbx update.  I posted a fix and demanded Orbx fix this obvious constant bug and got a permanent ban from live posting!!!

Unfortunatley, Orbx refuses to acknowledge the problem and acts like it’s the first time they have ever heard of it if you post of this issue on their official forums.

You have to delete and reinstall the effected LC to temporarily fix the issue.  Occasionally a delet of the effected LC will leave several Orbx LC files behind which won’t resolve the issue in which case you have to attempt to uninstall and reinstall until the LC is operating normally again.

Cant wait to be rid of Orbx and all its issues with MSFS2020!!!

Good Luck!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 3

Chris Camp

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Surprised you didn't come across the solution -- go into Orbx config program, and select "verify files" for all products.  Should solve the problem.  

No this won’t always work!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

20 hours ago, flxwng said:

If you have Orbx scenery installed try verifying all the files in Orbx Central. That solved it for me.

16 hours ago, Mace said:

Surprised you didn't come across the solution -- go into Orbx config program, and select "verify files" for all products.  Should solve the problem.  

Thanks, guys!  This appears to have completely fixed the specific issues I was having, although I understand @Kilo60 to say this isn't a permanent or reliable solution.  If the nighttime tile bleed-through reappears, I'll just verify the Orbx files again.  Just a stop-gap till MSFS arrives.  Again, thanks.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Black boxes on the ground in Sydney city with FlyTampa Sydney landclass enabled. Same in FlyTampa Toronto and LatinVFR KMIA but KMIA has updated to fix that compatibility problem. Flytampa is... well FlyTampa and for years ignored requests.

Edited by Boeing or not going

I sporadically have these issues and have to jump through the various hoops posted here to fix them. It can drive you crazy trying to fix it. Occasionally it’s another land class file that must be not compatible with orbx or must be layered differently. Sometimes it’s orbx itself and only a reinstall will work. I had the issue in their Honolulu scenery and spent hours trying to fix it.

Microsoft needs to hurry up as I spend more time trying to make this sim function properly than actually flying.

I never had these problems and could not understand why this could be such a difficult problem to solve.

That was until I decided to make use of the discount and purchased EGLC and Honolulu. BAM - Night textures all over the place.

Spent most of the weekend trying all the fixes including verifying files, reinstalling, changing orders - all very frustrating.

Eventually got Honolulu sorted out but I am still seeing some night textures around EGLC and the Thames Barrier went missing

Ive got Grobal, Vector, LC Europe, EU England installed plus many others that should not impact EGLC

I must still try some other areas...

I have not tried going back to FTX3, if I do that will I lose EGLC and Honolulu.

Johan Pienaar

16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Microsoft needs to hurry up as I spend more time trying to make this sim function properly than actually flying.

Well that is not Lockheed's fault that you have messed up your sim to a point where you can't fly anymore. P3D is very stable and reliable sim. What we do to it is what makes it so "bad".

I was fighting with the same problem (night textures during daytime) and, for me, it was due to the new Orbx Central. Using FTX Central 3 and re-installing everything from Orbx (Base, Vector, openLC) fixed it for me! I will never touch (open) Orbx Central V4 again - it messed up everything in my P3DV4...! 

3 hours ago, Evros said:

Well that is not Lockheed's fault that you have messed up your sim to a point where you can't fly anymore. P3D is very stable and reliable sim. What we do to it is what makes it so "bad".

No it’s not their fault. But with a new sim, orbx’s messy solution for scenery won’t be needed.

This problem is officially acknowledged.  I do not know why it took so long but I guess you need enough data but it was super easy to replicate from scratch.  Either way, the fix is being worked on.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/183455-missing-autogen-in-completely-fresh-install/?do=findComment&comment=1595984

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

To me it always happens when I update P3D (I always update all three main modules, including scenery). Contrary to what official channels say a complete Orbx LC products removal and new install is mandatory, that's what fixes the issue for me.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 11/30/2019 at 10:02 AM, w6kd said:

If you are using an add-on airport or airports that include their own landclass together with an Orbx landclass product, it's likely you're seeing a conflict--the Orbx landclass products make changes to the landclass tables, and products that reference the original P3D LC tables will end up seeing the sorts of things you have here, most notably the tell-tale night tiles during daytime.  A bunch of my FlyTampa sceneries had LC bgls that had to be removed to put an end to this.

I'd start by moving or renaming any file that looks to be landclass in any add-ons in the area.  if that doesn't work, I'd uninstall and reinstall the relevant Orbx Landclass product.

Well, Nick said that there’s no promise for an immediate solution so I will continue to wait and hope for a final fix for this nagging issue!

Chris Camp