Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Aircraft Installed Via Add-On.xmls

Hello,

I would like to appeal to FS++ to also switch to the new method of adding add-ons regarding how MCE recognizes aircraft. As I understand it, it's the required method, and more and more products - aircraft - are installed that way. I know I can manually add these aircraft via simobjects.cfg, but it would be a real time (and work) saver if MCE would just recognize products installed that way - thanks.

Regards,

Dimitrios

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

MCE is working fine here with aircraft installed via add-on.xml. That is for the FSL Airbus.

Edited by RALF9636

Huh...that's interesting. I don't have the FSL, where did it install into? If it's in P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes, MCE will search there anyway. Or does the FSL installer maybe create an entry in the simobjects.cfg? I have the A2A PA-24, and JustFlight's PA-38, and both install outside of P3D via add-on.xml, and both aren't recognized by MCE (and EZCA, for that matter).

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

FSL installs into the ... Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder and it does not touch the default folders, just like A2A.

BTW also no problems with EZCA here, neither with FSL nor with A2A.

Strange... Gotta look into that deeper.

Best regards, Dimitrios

Can someone from FS++ please verify MCE scans the add-on.xmls, and if so, how this is done? I need some pointers on where to start looking - thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

8 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Can someone from FS++ please verify MCE scans the add-on.xmls, and if so, how this is done? I need some pointers on where to start looking - thanks!

Sure,

It doesn't scan *.xml files

It does look into "add-ons.cfg" in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ folder for aircraft paths installed anywhere.

From experience, have noticed that some aircraft installers don't update that file.

It also looks into \My Documents\Prepar3D v4 add-ons\ folder for any "aircraft.cfg" file

• Like 1

Great, thanks. You say aircraft paths...do you mean add-on.xmls - referred to in the addon.cfg - with entries of the type SimObject?

Best regards, Dimitrios

On 12/2/2019 at 1:27 PM, d.tsakiris said:

Great, thanks. You say aircraft paths...do you mean add-on.xmls - referred to in the addon.cfg - with entries of the type SimObject?

Sorry for the delay, almost missed this one.

No xml file are read.

Paths in "add-ons.cfg" file tell MCE which additional folders to scan for any "aircraft.cfg" file

By default, only scans <Simobjects> in FSX or Prepar3D folders.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. Follow up: Are both add-ons.cfg files scanned? I ask because the AS Airbus I have is in one add-on.cfg (in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4), and it is recognized by both MCE and EZCA. The A2A PA-24, und Just Flight's PA-38 and DR400 install into the other add-on.cfg (in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4), and they aren't recognized.

Best regards, Dimitrios

38 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Ok, thanks. Follow up: Are both add-ons.cfg files scanned? I ask because the AS Airbus I have is in one add-on.cfg (in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4), and it is recognized by both MCE and EZCA. The A2A PA-24, und Just Flight's PA-38 and DR400 install into the other add-on.cfg (in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4), and they aren't recognized.

OK, we'll extend the search to the other add-ons.cfg sometime in future updates.

As a work-around for A2A PA-24, copy the lines from "add-ons.cfg" in \AppData\.... folder and paste them into the other one in C:\ProgramData\...

Make sure the numbering sequence is correct.

• Like 1