Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

FSX will not install.

I have now tried 3 times to install FSX without any success. I get to the very end of Disk 2 without any issues and then when it gets to the part titled "preparing documents" (or something similar)I see the hard drive working for a few minutes and then all of sudden I get an FSX screen that says "the installer stopped before completing the installation". I click the finish button and boom I am out of the install and FSX is not on my harddrive. Any ideas ??Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I had to run the 3.1 setup for the "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86" on disk 1 before... I dont know if that can help you any.But with it taking an hour to load the 2 disks, trial and error are not really an option here.

Guest dpc

I had exactly the same issue with the demo. Check this thread...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search This is what fixed it for me. Be sure to reboot after... Okay guys, after a good nights sleep I just couldn't help but take another look at your logs. With my fresh perspective I noticed something that seems to suggest a problem in both of your logs. First, a question; Are you both running Windows XP Home Edition? If so I do believe, as you were thinking, that this has something to do with SP2 and security issue durring install. I need to run a few errands this afternoon but in the meantime I'd like you both to download and install the Windows 2003 Resource Kit Tools from:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enThere's a tool in that package we may be able to use to evaluate and fix this problem. After you install the resource kit you need to open a command prompt window. Click START then Run. In the open box type "cmd". Now enter the following EXACT command:showpriv.exe SeImpersonatePrivilegePlease copy that info and include it in your response.I'm guessing that you won't see your User Account in that list. So try to add it with the following EXACT command. (Be sure to replace USERNAME with your user account)Ntrights.exe -u USERNAME +r SeImpersonatePrivilegeAgain, run the following command and make sure your user acount is in that list.showpriv.exe SeImpersonatePrivilegeAfter that try to run the FSX Demo (with logging again please) and see if it works this time.I'll check on this thread later this afternoon to see how you're doing or if you run into problems or have additional questions.Hope this helps ya.Dave

Guest dpc

Good, so the premise of the thread I gave you is that it is a rights issue with your account on XP. My account didn't have some sort of rights necessary to install the package. Any other software I installed never had an issue. Just FSX. What I posted fixed the problem.Dave

Guest SoarPics

No joy here. I've installed the Windows 2003 Resource Kit Tools and used the showpriv.exe SeImpersonatePrivilege command line to check my system. It shows:0 account with the SeImpersonatePrivelege user right:All accounts enumeratedSo far so good. But when I use the Ntrights.exe -u USERNAME +r SeImpersonatePrivilege to add my account I get this:Granting SeImpersonatePrivelege ...failed =1332The system shows 2 username accounts: 1)My name, shown as the Computer Administrator 2)Guest, which is shown as "off". My SP2 install has all current updates. I've made sure that I've replaced the "USERNAME" with my name exactly as it's shown on my system (tried the fix numerous times). I do not use a password, nor do I have to logon during system boot.Thanks for any assistance,Greg

Guest alsidprime

I just went through all this too, as i have had the same problem installing FSX. I also had the same problem with the usernameGo to my computer - then properties (right click) - advanced (tab) - user profiles - you should see your account with it's actual name. Put this in it's entirety where USERNAME is in the CMD prompt given above. And it should work for you! Cheers!(and thanks for whoever took the time to figure all this out!) -Alsid

Guest jboweruk

Do I assume that if the Demo installed okay the final release should too? Or could it still show the same issues? My installation of XP was done the same way as last time, with my XP SP2 coming from a coverdisk then updating through auto update.

Guest dpc

If the demo installed ok, then you should be set on this particular issue. It was the demo that I was having the issue with. I got that running. When I installed the retail, no problem.Dave

Guest trevor51590

Not necessarily. My demo installed fine but the retail is giving me the same problems