Sign in to follow this  
CatnipLeaves

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Exterior Model Glitch

So I've found a weird visual glitch with the Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2: when extending or retracting the landing gear, neither of the main gear doors and the forward left nose wheel door do not open, and the wheels just phase right through them. (pictured below) This happens on all 4 models (both passenger and both freighter models, PW4000 freighter model is pictured).

siTd3qZIaBdHgqIaOcIOcwrPTVk-RjkIBjuUpk0B

What is weird is that I checked the .mdl files using ModelConverterX and it clearly shows the landing gear doors opening and closing as part of the animation. Even weirder is that I did not have this glitch when using the V2.0 (and its 2.1 service pack).

Any idea what could be causing this and how it can be fixed?

• Like 1

Hey! Good catch! I concur! Here's a screenshot from back in April. (I bought the software back in March 2019).

QWy07Sb.jpg

Incidentally - did you get the latest version released recently to fix the FMC not displaying? I never had that issue, so I've not installed that yet. If you haven't installed it then maybe it also fixes the gear doors?

I'll shoot them an email anyway.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I was only able to observe this glitch after my initial FMC fix.

I did download and install the patched version, didn't seem to fix it. I'll do a clean reinstall of that (I have a nice load of liveries, addon soundpacks, and a freeware GPS installed to the MD-11 😁) and see what happens

• Upvote 1

I emailed Sky Sim about this, so hopefully I'll get a reply this week...

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

8 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I emailed Sky Sim about this, so hopefully I'll get a reply this week...

In my experience, I got reply emails from their support email pretty much always within 24 hours. Pretty good if you ask me. They’re also pretty receptive to new information popping up (this is part of how I fixed the issue with my FMC not showing up. Turns out it was a missing MSVCR library that the FMC dll needed to access.).

Edited by CatnipLeaves
  • Like 1

Well, no reply as yet, but it was Sunday evening when I sent the email... :happy:

Mark Robinson

I've had a reply back that the issue was reported by one other customer (you, Catnip?) and Sky Sim were unable to reproduce the issue. :unsure:

Mark Robinson

okay that's interesting. and no, I didn't report it to them yet, but at least it's good to know that someone else has it so it's not just me

• Like 1