Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Unrest in the Sim Community

My last flight was in August. P3D is completely dead for me. I feel free and so happy to never have to deal with all the BS it brings with it.

I am waiting now for the alpha and doing vfr in it will satisfy all my flightsimming needs until full release. 

Buying addons for the dead sim would be very stupid. I am at a point where I even would not care if all addons were available for free. I won’t touch it again. Ever.

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

22 minutes ago, SteveW said:

It does show that on the whole you have had a very rewarding experience with addon developers which is great, that's what I found. It seems more simply that you had an unfortunate disappointment with a scenery or aircraft which appeared to be over-weighted, or disproportionate in your post.

Steve, I've seen a lot on the Avsim forums and FS community in the past 20 years. A lot of guys doing it the right way and others, not so much.

I'm not going to, and it was not my intent, to paint the whole developer community by a few bad experiences but more of what I've seen and experienced over this period of time.

My post was meant to be instructive so developers can see how they are perceived by their actions words in the same way I'm perceived by just by what I post as Avsim.

If you're charging money for an FS product and want to maximize your sales and how the public perceives you as a company, it is my wish that devs find this helpful on how not to do it.

If it gives them pause to reflect, for even a minute, on how they conduct themselves when interacting with their customers- it was worth the post.

In my line of work my clients are my lifeblood and livelihood and thus are treated with the respect and service they are due.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, I would say you can't win them all.

But as it happens I'm having good contact with plenty of flight sim folk, right now, eager to wake up in the morning to get on with their next flight, in P3D and even in FSX. Even so, they are patiently waiting for, and hoping the new sim will be the bees knees. I think whether to buy addons or not is a moot point, sales are still happening, and will continue beyond the introduction of the new sim.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Ideas of a fully fledged scenario and content creativity tool delivered within the simulator could mean taking a few snapshots of your own place and plopping it into the sim complete with your own dustbin out the back would be great.

But I don't think it will be the end of aircraft and scenery addon developments. Even the fancy point cloud generators can be hired for a few days not prohibitively expensive for any level of  professional effort.

Edited by SteveW

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

And #skully If you expect a programmer or graphic artist to coddle you with pleasantries, forget it.  Most FS dev's do not have the resources to hire a PR person, and it's a rare thing to find someone who can dev AND do public relations.

Take a respectful tone with our customers? You go too far! It would require training and work to type a simple "Thank You for your business sir".. 😂

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skully said:

Take a respectful tone with our customers? You go too far! It would require training and work to type a simple "Thank You for your business sir".. 😂

Hey, I've been around many a programmer or graphic artist who were great at their job, BUT a simple "thank you" was beyond them.   I mean, it's not like they intentionally act that way...it's just not in their thought process.

• Upvote 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The "Force" I mean the "Unrest" is strong with this community....😋

Edited by adino

Old friends, and a few others, all, :cool:

Not very often do most people see the equivalent of the radical revolutionary event the new MSFS will be bringing to the flight simulation world we each belong to. This is truly very rare, if nor unique.

Before it gets lost in the huge tidal wave sweeping  over us all I want to thank two people, who to me, personally represent the highest form of class (but not the only ones) of developers in this hobby, namely:

"Sean Moloney and Rob Young" of RealAir Aircraft

I own all their products and have never experienced or witnessed anything less than professional and generous support and enormous value for money spent. The company closed it's doors several years ago for reasons unknown. I am proud to have been their customer/client.

Thank you kindly for your service to this community.

Spirit Flyer :smile:

Stephen

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

To developers, try to adapt in business change, I know you are aware of that, and if you don't adapt you're bound to fail. Like Nokia phones  that dominate the market decades ago, they insist on Symbian OS when people want change IOS or Android. 

5 hours ago, ganter said:

You'll probably be lambasted by Mods for posting that list but could I add Steve with his transformative DX 10 Fixer - probably the biggest contribution to FSX made by a Post-Aces Dev.

Why would you say this. Based on your posting history you have a problem with moderators. We are human and make mistakes sometimes but I won't take false narrative about our volunteer moderators lightly. I don't understand why you would think we would "lambast" someone for posting a list of their favorite developers. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

Why would you say this. Based on your posting history you have a problem with moderators. We are human and make mistakes sometimes but I won't take false narrative about our volunteer moderators lightly. I don't understand why you would think we would "lambast" someone for posting a list of their favorite developers. 

Thank you Rick.

Being a responsible attentive moderator for AVSIM is hard work, and all too often a lightning rod in a highly charged atmosphere.

Thank you for serving us, and your kind and restrained response.

• Upvote 3

I'm nervous.  I remember how excited I was when FSX showed moving jetways.  After installing it, only than did discover you need a maga computer in order to run it with any of the sliders even slightly to the right.

I see the videos now for this sim and as eager as I am, I'm worried I'll have to keep sliders to the left, few add-ons, no weather, CTD, stutters, blurs, and more tweaking, etc.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 minute ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm nervous.  I remember how excited I was when FSX showed moving jetways.  After installing it, only than did discover you need a maga computer in order to run it with any of the sliders even slightly to the right.

I see the videos now for this sim and as eager as I am, I'm worried I'll have to keep sliders to the left, few add-ons, no weather, CTD, stutters, blurs, and more tweaking, etc.

On the plus side, we basically have confirmation of footage of the game running on current very high end gaming PCs in reasonably stable 4K 60fps.  That's alpha or pre-alpha code, meaning likely little optimization yet.

If you're willing to settle for something like 1080p30, I'll bet it ends up running just fine with high settings, on a decent "gaming" PC.

I believe Asobo themselves have also mentioned before, that the sim's hardware requirements aren't as eye watering as some people seem to be fearing.

It's pretty obvious that there's all kinds of problems and cases of stutters blurries CTDs and so on. Even so I've not really found problems like that in my own systems, I give a lot of time and information out how to avoid problems. Generally I find it hard to recreate the tangles some systems get into. Considering the FS Devs have stated that additions to the new sim will not be inside a walled garden, I'm thinking the same kind of problems will emerge in some form or other at some stage.

17 hours ago, domkle said:

What do you mean by « our » reward, you have not released a product so far if I am not mistaken. Have you a mandate to speak on behalf of the industry ?

🤣

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus