Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

was this designed for vista/dx10??

Guest davewins

It's starting to make me think that this game was designed for vista/dx10. It's in video clips introducing gaming for windows vista. I believe it was the ces or something of that nature where Bill Gates and all the microsoft people were showing a presentation of what windows vista is going to be capable of. It just makes sense. It's the biggest microsoft pc game and it has just been released just 3 months shy of the expected release of vista. While I don't have the best cpu in the world at the moment it is definetley high class. My graphics card can be upgraded (currently geforce 7600gs 256mb not overclocked) and my ram can be upgraded but will that make a difference?? If it will then I will just save up and buy the best graphics card I can get and upgrade to 2gb ram but I don't want to take a chance with anymore money. It just leads me more to believe that this game was designed for vista/dx10. I just wish Microsoft would better explain this to us. I have heard that no cpu can play this game with settings maxed. I don't know how true that is but all I do know is that I have a pretty good cpu and I am not pleased with the results so far. I am expecting vista/dx10 WITH the upgrade of a very decent graphics card and more ram to really make this game play. It just seems to make sense to me. Think about how long xp has been out. We are talking about a whole new windows interface and I am sure they aren't lying when they really get into it about how gaming is going to be that much better. Any thoughts??

The 'Myth of the Sliders' article is very interesting. Certainly, FSX will be able to take advantage of hardware performance increases in the next several years - if those increases actually occur. At this moment it is not clear that serious increases in core performance can be expected over that period barring major breakthroughs in production technology; hence the manufacturers' emphasis on multicore CPUs which, while they may enable multiple applications to run more smoothly at the same time, will have little or no impact on apps such as FSX. Thus, the argument that FSX was designed to take advantage of hardware performance increases seems a bit forced.DJ

Interesting thoughts, but still no facts to go by. Best bet will be to wait until the new OS and DX10 cards are out before making an intelligent decision on whether or not it's a boon or bane to gaming. Any discussions prior to any actual benchmarks will most likely be pure speculation.Ian.