Sign in to follow this  
Mathias_K

Issues finding appropriate FSX KGRB Scenery

Dear all,

I hope this questions might be in the correct section - I didn´t see another matching one...

I am trying to find a KGRB scenery. The one in the Avsim Library is great, but I have this issue with "having no walls" in the terminal building, where the gangways are.

The whole building looks like a carport. A roof, but no walls. The rest of the scenery is fine.

Then I bought Megaearthscenery Wisconsin. But the included scenery for KGRB was..... well, not quite nice.

Then I heard about the Green Bay X Scenery from OZX - but nowhere in the whole net this work is available to get - only everyone says how great it is.

It there anybody of you who can send me something usable? Maybe a solution for the missing walls or the OZX Version?

Thank you all and happy flying!

5 hours ago, Mathias_K said:

Dear all,

I hope this questions might be in the correct section - I didn´t see another matching one...

I am trying to find a KGRB scenery. The one in the Avsim Library is great, but I have this issue with "having no walls" in the terminal building, where the gangways are.

The whole building looks like a carport. A roof, but no walls. The rest of the scenery is fine.

Then I bought Megaearthscenery Wisconsin. But the included scenery for KGRB was..... well, not quite nice.

Then I heard about the Green Bay X Scenery from OZX - but nowhere in the whole net this work is available to get - only everyone says how great it is.

It there anybody of you who can send me something usable? Maybe a solution for the missing walls or the OZX Version?

Thank you all and happy flying!

Sounded to me like you are missing a separate building objects library that might be needed to get the scenery to display properly. However I downloaded and installed it carefully, including the Alpha India library and I am seeing what you describe.  Appears there are missing textures.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I don't have an answer but I just wanted to take a minute and say welcome to the forum(s).....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

@fppilot: Thank you, so at least it seems I installed it correctly. I also installed the Alpha India Buildings... without success...

@W2DR: Thank you for your warm welcome

I really appreciate you cummunity and I share your spirit for Sim-Aviation, having a 460GB Installation of FSX with over 700 registred FS Passengers flights and a small desktop cockpit.

I have created an Excel File, which randomly choses from which airport I have to fly to which - now it has chosen KGRB and I am almost always install a 3party scenery when I visit an airport... so I am looking for one.... 🙂

Mathias,

Are you sure you want to fly here? If so, bring all your cold weather gear with you! ❄️☃️❄️
I looked through all the docs in the KGRB_X_HD archive and nowhere does it mention a re-distro clause.
You may temporarily get it here.. Will be taken down in a few days.

Many things have changed @ GRB over the past few years, not included in the older, great scenery. 
- The apron area north of 24, off delta, is now nearly full with new, huge hangars & much more parking for football games. ( <-- older airport diagram versus new airport diagram )
- A new fire department just north of the threshold of 6 - ~10 years old now.
- The FBO on the northeast side now has a customs office for international incoming / outgoing flights. They have also procured the contract for military fueling and other services. It has become quite busy here! If flying in on a Thursday afternoon be aware.. KC-135s from MIlwaukee do some "wild" practicing nearly weekly.     
- A completely useless waste of taxpayer money. The engineers for the west ramp project ( off of charlie, west of 18 ) really messed up. Not only was the ramp built on a swampy area, drained and refilled but their calculations for cement depth were all wrong. It was designed for the busy football games and corporate type jets.. The cement depth was enough for only the very smallest of the types and is now buckling. It has no use for local private prop types and such, too far away from the FBO. 

If interested in some historical information about GRB you may see at the local EAA chapter site.  
Have a good flight here! Hot Cocoa awaits you ))

Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hey Roman,

thank you so much for sharing. I downloaded it and will install it tonight.

Wow, it´s amazing how much details you all seem to know about your airports. I really respect this.

I live directly nearby EDDF and can see my house from a real plane during approach of 25L. Still I don´t know so many details about the history of my own airport 🙂

I wish you all the best with your (our) passion.

Best regards

• Like 1

p.s. I installed the scenery and it´s really well done. Congrats to the programmer.

Still does anybody know how to what´s the cause for the crash anywhere at the parking field? Any time I start a flight, the plane crashes as soon as it touches the ground. I can disable ground crashes, but then FSPassengers don´t work. Has it something to do with a wrong elevation or is there an error in the programming?

Oh shoot!
Sorry Mathias (( forgot to mention that..
All the taxi lighting was done in an older format and will cause crashes.
You may try ( do not know for sure ) to disable lightstoo.bgl in the KGRB\scenery folder then restart the sim. (rename to lightstoo.bgl.off)
Hope it doesn't hurt your grand tour.

Roman

EDIT - had time for a quick test.. It works disabling that file but you lose the taxiway lighting ((

Edited by spokes2112
Quick test

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap