Sign in to follow this  
lennie

How many "real" simmers are out there?

38 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Good to remember that most private pilots fly for, well, enjoyment and entertainment.

Rick

True my friend but they darn sure better know what they're doing coupled with good judgement if they want to live to fly another day, hence no comparison to a table top PC program. No reset buttons there.

Edited by PATCO LCH

Vic green

4 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

I agree with everything you said expect this.

The simming ecosystem has become more vibrant and active then ever before over the last few years and has no signs of letting up.

I agree, but I tend to believe that the vibrance has been constrained by the confines of X-plane or P3D and the lack of interest from LM and LR to really give the community what it wants.  So, they outsourced those things.  But, because the community is not that big, there hasn't been a big financial incentive for developers to make a full-time push to roll out products.  The result has been serious limitations in the simming experience that has frustrated users and tested their patience.  MSFS came along and decided to not only revive, but re-vamp flight simulation, and that's going to produce some serious vibrance going forward:-) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

What I think of when I hear "Real Simmer"

H34O1a.jpg

All that picture needs is a happy boiling frog.

Image result for boiling frog

I'm only 25% real, 75% wood, sometimes my nose grows, and the strings are really getting in the way of my PC flight controls. Regards Pinocchio.

• Like 1

A real simmer only flies PMDG planes, and does not bother to contribute to forums like this one. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It's amazing.  Such a vague question makes a three page forum thread. 😊

The difference between a "real" simmer and an "unreal simmer" is the same as a "study level" aircraft and an "entry level" aircraft.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

A real simmer only flies PMDG planes, and does not bother to contribute to forums like this one. 

And he never flies the PMDG plane alone?  😁

• Like 1

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

Real simmers always pack their joystick, whenever they fly as passengers, just in case they get asked to fly the plane if the airline pilot is incapacitated. 

Real simmers NEVER use joysticks when flying BOEINGS, or GA Cessnas

Real simmers have long forgotten that Microsoft sims were made by a gaming studio. 

Real simmers spend more time on forums than flying. 

Real simmers don't use made up names, and should know that FS20 is a Farm Simulator. Doh! 

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

It's amazing.  Such a vague question makes a three page forum thread. 😊

The difference between a "real" simmer and an "unreal simmer" is the same as a "study level" aircraft and an "entry level" aircraft.

It's the MFS Fever!  Remember Saturday Night Fever ?... Pretty much the same...

BTW: I'm a Real Uninstaller !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

FS20=Farm Simulator, too funny:biggrin:

I have a hobby farm, am I a Real farmer or Simulated farmer. Image result for Beard stroke emogi

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

True my friend but they darn sure better know what they're doing coupled with good judgement if they want to live to fly another day, hence no comparison to a table top PC program. No reset buttons there.

Never said there was.......

I am a the best flight simulation pilot in the world. For real. No joke. 10+ 50 knot cross wind landings in small planes(30 to 90 degrees). The Best of the Best. Top Gun.

Sorry that I started such a stupid post; but I have enjoyed the read.

I'll lay low for awhile!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Wobbie said:

..and always signs their name 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

..and always signs their name 

Aha! Would that be a real name or an online name though?😶 How can we tell?

Anyway - I’m a real simmer IMHO because I get tense on approach and it bothers me when my flight doesn’t feel procedurally correct.....not that it really matters though - it’s a hobby and a form of relaxation and it’s wonderful.

(Interesting thread btw)

• Like 3

Best regards

Rupert