Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

PBR Update for Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47!

Hi,

Manfred Jahn and his team have released a new update for their great freeware Douglas C-47 that features PBR textures for the exterior model and A2A's rain effects.

The new stand alone package is available in the SOH file library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=25950&catid=220

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

thanks for the notice

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

She’s an absolute gem, and the FDE is by Alex Metzger. Add Ted’s rivets and PBR and she’ll have you thinking about Rangoon in the rain. Come to think of it a Singapore Sling at the Raffle’s Bar doesn’t sound half bad.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Many thanks for this!

What a great freeware!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonderful, thanks for the heads up. And with this package, the "endlessly" delayed version from Aeroplane Heaven becomes instantly obsolete...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Anyone knows how to disable this annoying "beeping" sound as soon as the battery switch is turned on? It only disappears after throttling up a certain amount and reappears for example if taking throttle back to idle on approach... extremely annyoing...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Anyone?

Greetings, Chris

Hello,

I have had this aircraft VVC since the first beta stage and I have not yet heard a beeping sound such as you describe.

It does seem that it could be connected to low oil pressure perhaps, do the oil pressure lights come on when

the sound starts?

Hmm, I have to check this. Strange you never heard this, what happens in your case if you are flying on cruise level and you pull back the throttles to idle? It is this sound that I hear from the moment I put on the batteries...

Greetings, Chris

Yes, I hear the gear up don't close the throttles warning sound.

This is the key part of the aircraft.cfg file

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available = 1    //Normal
pct_throttle_limit =  0.1     //Percent throttle that activates warning
flap_limit_idle    =  0.0     //Flap angle that activates warning at idle
flap_limit_power   = 15.0     //Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

I can only replicate this if I set the gear to up while on the ground.

As a start, perhaps change gear_warning_available = 1 to gear_warning_available =0,

reload the aircraft and see if the sound is still there.

Ok, thanks, I check if it is related to this. It might be that I accidentially pressed the gear up button while still sitting on ground and as such triggered the warning...

Greetings, Chris