Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

PBR Update for Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47!

I posted to the SimOuthouse thread.  Has anyone noticed how the rudder is a lot more effective whilst taxiing?  It used to be quite difficult with the castor tailwheel (or is there an option to disable/enable the castor which I have forgotten about).

EDIT:  Found the problem, the old readme told me to edit the cfg file to alternate steering to allow the castor!

beta.gif

Hey thanks Adam, looks really great (do they have to be all NZ though?? 😉 just kidding heh)

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

15 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Hey thanks Adam, looks really great (do they have to be all NZ though?? 😉 just kidding heh)

LOL! Well ... at least when I'm working on the livery I can get out there and photograph the real thing! Same deal for the A2A C172 that's just got a PBR upgrade. I managed to take a heap of reference pics, courtesy of the Ardmore Flying School. That said, I did create some US liveries for the 172 (pre-PBR).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hey I've got the A2A 172 as well!

Looking forward to more of your work :-)

I think there is a museum C-47 at YMMB, an old Ansett or TAA airlines plane.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

It's crashing on P3d5, even with the new windshield.dll from A2A, I disabled both windshield dll and .ini.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

It's not the PBR C47, I have flown it for hours in P3D v5.

Jan Kees Blom uploaded a bunch of repaints to AVSIM. Just search for PBR.

Has anyone got this bird running in P3Dv5? It works, checklist works, sound work. But however, the mixture is jumping always back to the default setting, no matter if I move it using the assigned button on my T.16000 joystick or via mouse. Can not control the plane like that, what do I have to do? Thanks for any hint.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

44 minutes ago, AnkH said:

But however, the mixture is jumping always back to the default setting

If by "default setting" you mean full rich, auto rich, auto lean and idle cutoff, that's intentional behavior.  The system adjusts for altitude and other factors to give the best mixture automatically.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

No, I mean that it is stuck on the initial setting. I can move it to auto rich or cutoff and the levers instantly go back to the start position. No matter what I do.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Nope, no controller configured in FSUIPC.

Greetings, Chris