Sign in to follow this  
DocBird

Military Aircraft

Speaking of large bombers, I wouldn’t mind a B52 but if I had the choice I would go for a B-58 because of the weird flying features and possibility of low penetration flights. I don’t see any chance to see a high fidelity one though. Too much of a niche.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

48 minutes ago, france89 said:

Turns out there are mountains too in DCS maps 🙂

The same mountains, every day, you get to enjoy for 10 minutes or less until you need to turn, because now you've reached the end of the square box 🙂

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 minutes ago, Sethos said:

The same mountains, every day, you get to enjoy for 10 minutes or less until you need to turn, because now you've reached the end of the square box 🙂

That falls under how much time you spent on them too 🙂 But it's also why there are multiple square boxes to fly in. And depending on the situation you end up flying in them at different angles, routes, speeds etc etc. But in the end, i really don't think it's the scenery that will make DCS users shift on a civilian simulator. I guess we'll see. I know i'll enjoy both for different reasons 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

everything what flys should be availible in FS2020!

Remember fsx acc pack?

I woudl love old fighter planes, Bombers in F2020 and modern fighters too!

• Like 1

Personally I don't see the need for fighters in the this sim, but I do hope that once it is finished, Microsoft / Asobo will use this technology as a base for new products including a combat flight simulator.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

You not seeing the need for something is irrelevant. 

DCS is a nice aircraft systems simulator, but is a very limited flight simulator. Military aviation deserves to be represented as much as any other segment.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, france89 said:

If i want to fly fighters, i don't need to do it above my city

There are plenty of fighters (and other military hardware) over my city.  Of course, I'm kind of an outlier - I live about a 20-minute drive from Joint Base Andrews.  When the winds are out of the south, I get C-17s on right base outside my office window, and every so often an Air Force One flyby.  Wouldn't mind having some of that represented in the sim - including (slightly off topic) some good military AI.  Just sayin'...

I remember as a kid watching the C5's land at Dover AFB.  It'd be awesome to try to pilot one of those.  I really hope for all sizes of cargo planes and a few fighter jets.  there should definitely be military AI operating in their MOAs.  Maybe I can finally learn how to interact with MOAs.

What would be really cool would be formation flying with the Blue Angels.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Yesterday afternoon we had two Typhoons practising the interception of very low flying targets a few times in the vicinity, on one occasion directly over our house.

I do love such private air shows 🙂

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Yesterday afternoon we had two Typhoons practising the interception of very low flying targets a few times, once directly  over our house.

I do love such private air shows 🙂

I know.  I live in an area now where you can see two Blue Angles streaking just above the water and then a moment later you hear the roar of their engines.  Its like something out of a dream sometimes.

They also fly high over my house (and sometimes not so high) -- awesome to see and hear.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

This brings back memories of traveling in Europe in 1980 - and in particular, a Luftwaffe F-104 that was practicing strafing runs on my Cologne-Amsterdam train.  If MSFS gives us trains and somebody delivers an F-104, I could relive that from the other guy's perspective.

2 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

one of the most impressive F104 videos IMO

And he lived to tell about it - yeesh!

I could see trying that in the sim.

Not succeeding, necessarily... but trying...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

An OV10 Bronco would be superb to do some VFR flying in...can you imagine popping in and out of clouds in the bubble canopy

I can imagine alot!

With an F-16 highspeed low flying through some City Skylines !

Or the Grand Canyon, how can anybody dont want to 😎 👍