Sign in to follow this  
MrYorkiesWorld

Grainy Ground Textures at Aerosoft (SimWings) EGLL

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having some issues with grainy / noisy textures happening at Aerosoft (SimWings) Mega Airport Professional EGLL.

I seem to remember having a similar issue in the past with a different scenery and there was a fix for this, but I can't remember what the fix was.

I've attached an image of the issue in hopes someone might have an answer.

https://imgur.com/ljLuXHA

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

I'm using P3D V4.5, and the scenery is updated (to my knowledge) fully - feel free to ask me anything surrounding settings / config and I'll be happy to provide further information.

Regards,

Yorkie

Just now, Kevin_28 said:

Am I correct in that you only see this during the night?

Correct - for some reason this only happens during the night time.

That looks like the typical moire effect that happens with dynamic lighting at night. Pretty common to see with various airports. When you disable dynamic lighting, it tends to go away. Not sure how to fix it though.

If I remember correctly, the airport designer had to do something with the maps

Edited by Kevin_28

Hello,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues. I work for Aerosoft, and I just tested the scenery at night and I don't have the same issue. See screen shots below (Dynamic Lighting and HDR set in my system).

S2aDWa8.png

QfzRHzU.png

I would be happy to assist you in our forums. Simply open a new thread at:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/343-aerosoft-mega-airports/

In the new thread, please provide screen shots of your P3Dv4 graphics settings and any third party shaders and.or P3D graphics tweaks you might be using,

I have the same user name in the Aerosoft forums, so please PM me your receipt for the EGLL Professional purchase or if you purchased the scenery from us then just the email you use for your Aerosoft Shop account and I'll be happy to assist you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues. I work for Aerosoft, and I just tested the scenery at night and I don't have the same issue. See screen shots below (Dynamic Lighting and HDR set in my system).

S2aDWa8.png

QfzRHzU.png

In the new thread, please provide screen shots of your P3Dv4 graphics settings and any third party shaders and.or P3D graphics tweaks you might be using,

I have the same user name in the Aerosoft forums, so please PM me your receipt for the EGLL Professional purchase or if you purchased the scenery from us then just the email you use for your Aerosoft Shop account and I'll be happy to assist you.

Hi Dave,

Sent you a PM over there and started a thread as well.

Thanks again!

Yorkie

4 hours ago, MrYorkiesWorld said:

Hi Dave,

Sent you a PM over there and started a thread as well.

Thanks again!

Yorkie

Most welcome my friend.  I'll be AFK until this evening (GMT-6 is my local time), but I'll be getting back with you over in our neck of the woods.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello,

S2aDWa8.png

QfzRHzU.png

It all depends on graphic settings. With MSAA you'll get it. With SSAA you minimize it.

• Like 1

Eric 

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

It all depends on graphic settings. With MSAA you'll get it. With SSAA you minimize it.

I agree Eric, however SSAA usually comes with a performance hit in the ESP dirivitives (which some people offset by using tweaks).  Personally, I don't use third party shaders EXCEPT for EVNShade (which has some really special abilities including working very well with HDR and PBR), and since I use MSAA I have no need to use other shaders or tweaks.

Anyway, the grainy textures were found to be caused by using Tomatoshade.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I agree Eric, however SSAA usually comes with a performance hit in the ESP dirivitives (which some people offset by using tweaks).  Personally, I don't use third party shaders EXCEPT for EVNShade (which has some really special abilities including working very well with HDR and PBR), and since I use MSAA I have no need to use other shaders or tweaks.

Anyway, the grainy textures were found to be caused by using Tomatoshade.

Best wishes!

I agree, that's why I use MSAA x8. I use PTA but not happy with the nighttime setting. Maybe I will try this ENVShade. Does it help with a granny textures? Does it provide a realistic, natural, look to the sim? And finally is it a type of program? Thanks Dave

Eric 

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

Does it help with a granny textures?

I think the problem is not that it helps or doesn't help with grainy graphics, it's that third party shaders can create the graininess.  In my experience, EVNSHADE doesn't create them, at least not that I've ever seen and I have most every large payware airports for P3D. 

Does it provide a realistic, natural, look to the sim?

So this is probably the most misunderstood thing.  I have worked with countless people in the flight sim community and one of the most common things I've seen is monitors with internal and graphics card settings that are all out of whack, and people often compensate by adjusting settings in P3D and using third party shaders.  Moreover, I have seen very few screen shots meant to highlight how "realistic" a third party shader has made someone's simulator and they aren't realistic at all.  Rather than drag you through all the ins and outs, I'll just say that I don't use third party shaders other than EVNShade and I recommend people don't use third party shaders unless all they do is fly general aviation.  Regardless if they use third party shaders or not, I always recommend people start by carefully calibrating their monitors either by using the built in tool in Windows 10 (which I've never used, but hear good things) or by using a freeware tool called Calibrize

And finally is it a type of program?

It is.   You can read about it on their website.

Envshade is an optional program for the ENVDIR suite, the primary program for the suite is ENVTEX which has the very best cloud textures in flight simulation.  I know that's a bold statement, and it's not only true, it's something that I've convinced too many die-hard word not allowed of other products way too many times and I've never had anyone who didn't change their minds after trying the product (though screen shots often are enough to change people's mind). I've spent more time testing and comparing all the weather engines and weather textures available for P3D than some peoiple do flying in the sim, and the best weather engine is ActiveSky and the best weather textures of rme is a combination of ActveSky Cloud Art and ENVTEX along with EVNSHADE.  In fact, Active Sky Cloud Art (ASCA) and ENVTEX are designed to work together! 

As a matter of openness, fair play, and disclosure, let me say that neither I or Aerosoft is affiliated in any way with TOGA (the producer of ENV products) and I paid for the ENV products like everyone else. In fact, as of this writing I have never spoken with TOGA, though I believe I reported a bug to them via email several years ago.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Dave Hodges

@DaveCT2003 very helpful. I will be getting it this weekend and getting rid of PTA after restoring my original shader's first. Thanks Dave

Eric 

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

@DaveCT2003 very helpful. I will be getting it this weekend and getting rid of PTA after restoring my original shader's first. Thanks Dave

I think that;s a good move, but please understand that you don' t get the ability to tweak the heck out of P3D graphics like you to with PTA or Tomatoshade, but what I'm saying is... not to use third party shaders (except Envshade).  Just so long as you understand that.

Dave Hodges

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I think that;s a good move, but please understand that you don' t get the ability to tweak the heck out of P3D graphics like you to with PTA or Tomatoshade, but what I'm saying is... not to use third party shaders (except Envshade).  Just so long as you understand that.

I rely on Gerard presets for PTA in the PTA sub-forum here and I just do some very minor tweaking of that. I don't know very much about tweaking these shader programs nor frankly do I have the time to. So ENVShade seems the way to go.

• Like 1

Eric 

I have had this issue using tomato shade with R&D preset at the fsdt klax airport 

I removed the shade and now using envshade again and all seems well.

i will revert back to tomato shade if that Is ever fixed.

or if someone has a fix for that?