Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Are you flying more or mainly talking about FS2020?

Are you flying more or mainly talking about FS2020?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Since FS2020 was announced, which pastime has occupied more of your time?

• I have spent more time flying the sim I already own.
    • I have spent more time learning and talking about FS2020.

I personally have spent far more time talking about FS2020.

Edited by David Mills

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I had been simming a lot less before the announcement, but the more I find out about FS20 the more excited I've been getting. So, I've gotten right into P3Dv4, and I've even brushed the dust off good old FSX:SE.

FSX makes for an interesting comparison with the new sim, but what really stimulates my mind is it's longevity. No doubt the new sim will also cast such long shadows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike Beckwith

Highmike, FS20 is the shortform name for the new Farming Simulator... 

Now, THAT'S confusing! 

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I just hope the Farming Simulator has a 737.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Heho Wobbie ! Please don't start that again !  My gawd man, haven't you got anything else to wobby about ? 

Microsoft Flight Simulator, Flight Simulator, MFS, MSFS, FS2020, FS20, Microflight SimsoftuLator, Simicro Softflightulator , Who Caresimolator !  

Btw, i wiped all my flightsims off of my SSD's. No interest anymore (and i was so over the moon with P3Dv4, once..  :unsure: )

Edited by Javiz
  • Like 2

Jan

I claim the Fifth

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Been flying the same. Because XP and DCS are still rewarding for me, and because my passion for aviation doesn't stop. So NOT flying for a long time would make me moody. 😛

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

For those interested MS have released a new beta branch for FSX:SE which will help them gain valuable new telemetry data for FS. It's on Steam/FSX Steam Edition/Betas/External Beta, they have also included some bug fixes.

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I haven't flown since early August and I was flying at least twice a week before that.  I was already a bit fatigued with P3D before the MSFS announcement but I think that finally put me over the edge.  I also started using some other sims such as Euro/American Truck Sim and a couple other games.  I have never really gamed at all other than Flight simming for the past 30 years.  I have found these things to be quite enjoyable and it doesn't keep me tied to the PC for hours.  I even bought A Plague Tale which was developed by Asobo.  I did attempt to open P3D a couple times after I got my new monitor to test but to be honest it has a very dull look to it now in my eyes after playing these other sims/games along with seeing all of the MSFS clips...not to mention the lousy overall performance with complex addon aircraft.  I'll be happy to tie myself to the PC again once MSFS is released.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

P3D what? Waiting for the Alpha right now and getting impatient

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

I fly just as much as before, but I also look at everything I encounter in the sim and dream of the day MSFS gets released. 

• Like 1