Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

5 minutes ago, byork said:

On the FS2Crew Facebook page, we regularly get X-Plane users who go there to proselytize.  At times they could sometimes become a tad irritating.

Regardless, X-Plane is a pretty amazing sim.  I like it.  

I hope X-Plane continues to do well in face of FS2020, if anything to keep Microsoft pushing forward in the face of competition.

But my feeling is Microsoft probably really won't care about X-Plane after 2020 because 2020 will likely be so dominant.

Are you guys going to be supporting thew new MSFS?

Rich Holding

3 minutes ago, richfx said:

Are you guys going to be supporting thew new MSFS?

Of course we'll try.  It's rumored to support SimConnect, so fingers crossed, we *should* be able to support it.  But until we actually get our hands on FS2020, we can't really say anything for certain.

• Like 1

When  XP 11 came out, it was significantly different enough (better in many respects) leading to a mass of people migrating from P3D and FSX.

When FS2020 comes out,  it will be massively different to anything which has preceded it.

I suspect XP's biggest competitor thereafter will be Infinite Flight on Ipad. 

XP PC users will be getting a 1 season sim(which they're accustomed to  - and a flight dynamic equivalent sim (which has really been XP's unique selling point all along). 

Whichever way you slice the cake, this is aesthetically a much more pleasing sim to everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Austin Meyer.

Yeah mate, I have no idea why but I always do that with this gentleman.  Old age galloping up on me I think, as I am very aware of his real name as opposed to his "alias" LOL

He does have a "dfkiller" app though

Regards with sincere apologies to Austen Myers and his mate Austen Meyer.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Ignore the couple of know-it-all users on the XP forums, the rest is pretty open minded towards MS Flight Simulator, including the developers.

The Linux crowd is extremely vocal but latest Laminar stats only show 1.14% of the userbase is running that OS. 

• Like 1

There's also a hilarious thread over at flightsim.com about how FS9 is the best ever simulator and nothing can change that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, David Mills said:

The first stage of grief is denial. This can't be happening.

Actually I've seen nothing of the sort.

There was quite a violent gtfo my lawn response to around 30 or 40 new accounts that signed up on the XP forum just to proclaim the end of the world for XP because "Microsoft", most of which got themselves suspended for personal attacks.

Denial on their part that MS is anything other than the bringer of all things flight sim.

Other than that it got a mild "yeah, we'll see" and a bit of discussion around the technology.

Mostly because XP11 can already

And we all know that already pushes high end systems to its limits.

But thanks for your concern.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

There are two kind of people constantly hating even here in these forums against the new FS2020

- People who spend a lot of money on addons and cant accept that their investment is not worth anything in the future

- Small and unknown developers who are in fear they cant sell their word not allowed in the future cos the new sim blasted the need for these addons out of existence

I would really love MS to just deny them to obtain a copy of the new sim in the future and force them to stick to the old word not allowed forever 😄 At least thats what they wish for right now and try to convince everybody to

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

I will just believe in MFS the moment I am able to Uninstall it....

Oh no you didn't. 😂

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hey. I say let the naysayers stick with their beloved P3D's and X-Planes.  I mean, there are still many simmers out there who still use FS9 or even earlier MS versions, and developers who are still creating freeware for them... 

For the rest of us, very soon I hope, it's going to be a bright new shiny day.

• Like 2

I just wish the naysayers would realize that only the developers of their chosen sim can take away their future options and no one can take away what they have now and it cant matter to them if I choose to try something new and different.  there really are people still using FS9 so where is this threat to XP or P3D?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

4 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

best thing is, just ignore them, dont even think about commenting ect.

its zero worth the time, wonderfull times ahead! 😋

👌

4 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

best thing is, just ignore them, dont even think about commenting ect.

its zero worth the time, wonderfull times ahead! 😋

Sorry for the duplication. Didn't seem to want to save, so I kept pushing the 'save' button! Impatient, slow web system, or old age! Take your pick, except for the third choice!

Edited by Jean-Jacques

10 hours ago, mSparks said:

Actually I've seen nothing of the sort.

A few tweaks is not going to put x-plane on par with MSFS.  Their entire weather engine needs to be revamped. Night lighting is terrible.  They need seasons.  They need to find a way to bring orthos into the sim for everyone to enjoy.  There's a lot that I like about X-plane, much more than P3D. However, to say that the sim is on par with MSFS is the farthest thing from the truth.  Both platforms have their limitations, and even if we combined the best of both sims into one, there would still be huge shortcomings with respect to what MS is offering. 

I use X-plane exclusively after deleting P3D and all of my addons back in May.  It looks nicer, but every time I fire it up, it's not as enjoyable as It used to be.  This is mainly due to the fact that MSFS is on the horizon and that developers still have no clue as to how they're going to compete.  Consequently, that tells me that improvements will not come anytime soon, and this is indicative of the persistent problem of developers not listening to the community and giving us what we really want. 

Edited by n4gix
Removed quoted video. It only needs to be posted ONCE.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2