Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

When MS actually releases a Flight Simulator that lives up to all the hype and excitement here then I will be glad to throw my Credit Card at them. I will do it with out one bit of concern for the money that I have spent on Prepar3d. I hope the new sim turns out even better than the dreams and hopes that get thrown all over my computer desk. Now more to the point...the real haters here are actually the ones who troll this forum casting insults to those of us with the self control to hope that MS has indeed learned a lesson from past company policies and this time it will be different. In the mean time, us "haters" will continue to enjoy flying X-Pain or Prepar3d while you enjoy your hobby of posting over and over again "Oh my God! Did you see that picture??"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

All these problems should be less than 12 months away from being fixed. (seasons is already)

That I am excited about, Laminar have delivered on every promise they have made for the two years since I bought it... MS, well... I'll not start that argument. Plenty of other posters commented on that already.

Can you please refrain from mocking Microsoft every time you post. It's becoming tiresome and very petty.

As for X-Plane I love it, but I feel I understand it's strengths and weaknesses. I also understand the limited resources at Laminar's disposal and achieving all of those goals in 12 months would take a miracle. xEnviro is a product which is pushing the limits of what X-Plane can deliver which is pretty amazing but they are on the cutting edge for X-Plane capability which is why there are a lot of bugs, it doesn't help that Liminar appear slow to addressing key graphical and support issues with the product much to xEnviro teams frustration.

Remember Microsoft’s advantage as Squirrel so eloquently put it can't easily be achieved by retrofitting existing simulators. Asobo have had to go back to the drawing board despite having the bing resources, knowledge, tools and personal available. It could take several years for the other sims to truely catch up.

I'm looking forward to X-Plane's development and will happily have X-Plane on my harddisk when MSFS 2020 arrives if only for the fact that I can still enjoy Orbx TrueEarth UK as from what I've seen from Microsoft product it's some way behind which is completely understandable and why we still need 3rd party developers to add those details a product team simply don't have time to accomplish.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, David Mills said:

This past weekend, I thought I'd visit x-plane.org and prepar3d.com to read their forum posts about MSFS2020.

.) Don't see the need for a post like this. It's only purpose seem to be stirring the pot and inciting sim wars. I thought the mods would have locked it;

.) In the avsim X-Plane forum, I mostly read interesting discussions and evaluations, not as much denial as you say;

.) The denial of some users of other sims, is mirrored by the opposite attitude of other people here and elsewhere who praise FS20 as if it were the new messiah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

6 hours ago, dal330200 said:

PMDG already said the uprade of their release of the 737 to FS will be free.

Wrong. I have the 737 but they want 140€ from me as I didn’t prepurchase it with their latest update

Lukas Dalton

10 hours ago, Noooch said:

This reminds me the Xboxygen article where they said MSFS will feature a virtual copilot, you have any info on this?

I have no info.

But if they were to feature a virtual co-pilot, it would be a simple one meant for the most casual of users, and nothing like what FS2Crew tries to do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

Like I said. denial.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform

All one in the same thing since xbox one. just differing hardware.

I doubt asobo have any rights to the xbox version tho, only way I can explain some of their stranger comments.

*Comes into thread to prove no one is in denial.

*Says a lot of things that are flat out wrong.

*Refuses to learn from correction given by a couple of guys.

*Counters correction with more ignorance

*Proves that he actually is in denial

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I don't mind it in this forum simply because it's a good place to let the pot stir a bit.  Once MSFS opens up theirs, I bet much of the discussion/speculation/criticism will move over there.  While I appreciate the need for AVSIM to keep things friendly, I also think they get hyper-sensitive at times too.  This is a good place for people to vent for the time being, within reason of course. 

2 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

I don't mind it in this forum simply because it's a good place to let the pot stir a bit.  Once MSFS opens up theirs, I bet much of the discussion/speculation/criticism will move over there.  While I appreciate the need for AVSIM to keep things friendly, I also think they get hyper-sensitive at times too.  This is a good place for people to vent for the time being, within reason of course. 

We know Asobo devs actively read this forum.  If anything threads like this are probably making them want to prove the deniers wrong

• Like 1

I am impressed with the diverse and open opinions I have seen in this forum. It’s generally been a great melting pot for all the different types of flight simmers in the world.  There are some extreme opinions for sure but I tend to believe the vast majority of flight simmers are free thinking individuals who intelligently aggregate opinions from multiple sources and personal experiences. I really doubt anyone stopped buying addons bc of a few posts in these forums, I am more likely to believe they stopped buying them for their own personal reasons and didn’t need a forum post to tell them.  Same with developers I have read good and bad posts about. Weirdly enough I have personal views on individual developers based on my personal experiences.

Anyway, I appreciate all the opinions and especially appreciate well thought out opinions 🙂 hope the mods continue to let us discuss those in a civil manner and simply enforce the rules when needed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FireRx said:

LOL,

I for one will intend to run both Sims once it comes out. I purposely bought a 2 tb SSD just for this.  I expect the transition {if any} from one sim to the new one will take a few years. There's addons to P3D that will take a while I sure for the devs to move to MSFS 2020 if at all.  

Given the look of the new sim even at ground level one won't need add-on/s such as airports or cities.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Agree, that and many other threads around MSFS would have been locked in the past along with the XP vs. P3D vs. AF2 vs. DTG ... but when AVSIM is being "quoted" by MS it seems the rules of the game have changed ... stir the pot seems to be acceptable now and almost encouraged ... from a product that no one actually has yet.

I get the enthusiasm, but I don't get the need to start denial threads, doom and gloom threads, the I'm not buying anything threads, developer hate threads, and the endless negativity towards other platforms nor why it's being allowed?  It wasn't allowed in the past here at AVSIM.

Cheers, Rob.

Frankly, I think it's great! It's awfully nice to be able to have candid discussions, share feelings and opinions, and air grievances without the tyranny of overzealous moderation shutting people down at every turn.

Locking and deleting every thread or post with which someone finds some perceived slight is only effective at giving the APPEARANCE of harmony. But it does nothing to abate underlying resentment and animosity. You know what eventually solves those feelings? Communication. Sometimes loud and feverish communication.

I haven't seen many ad hominem attacks, and what little friction there's been has fizzled naturally since conversations have been allowed to run their course. I've never understood the scramble to shutdown contentious debate at the height of passions. It just leaves people feeling angry and "cancelled".

I think the moderation, at least in this sub forum, has been just about perfect; only stepping in when absolutely necessary and leading by example.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Can you please refrain from mocking Microsoft every time you post. It's becoming tiresome and very petty.

But its just soooo easy to do. There is so much material they have built up since the last time they cared about flight simmers.

And anyway, all "I" said was they were good at presenting themselves.

6 hours ago, Krakin said:

*Comes into thread to prove no one is in denial.

Unclear how you got to that, from:

20 hours ago, mSparks said:

Denial on their part that MS is anything other than the bringer of all things flight sim.

Very very unclear how rationally to get from

Asobo have had to go back to the drawing board

to

It could take several years for the other sims to truely catch up.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

It's odd to me how some people think a few hiccups in the release of the Tech Alphas for such a huge program *must* mean Microsoft is playing games with us...pun not intended.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mSparks said:

But its just soooo easy to do. There is so much material they have built up since the last time they cared about flight simmers.

And anyway, all "I" said was they were good at presenting themselves.

Unclear how you got to that, from:

Very very unclear how rationally to get from

to

So you've been filling the single thread on mfs thread on xplanes forum with Microsoft hate and gems such as "microsofts flight model will never be as good as xplanes because there devs are not as good as Austin"

Then your croonies have a go at someone for signing up there and posting in the single mfs thread.

Then you sign up here to just post in the mfs forum to bash mfs and microsoft.

If you don't think mfs will be any good, then why are you bothered by it?  If your not interested in it, don't go to forums and read and post about it. What are you doing here?  Why are you even reading about mfs? Why do you keep posting made up theories about it?  Its going to be word not allowed right?

Your latest one was you will need a super computer to run it.  Well guess what? One of the devs working on the flight model says he plays it on a 1060.  I don't get why you feel personally attacked that microsoft are making a flight simulator.

Majority of us here are excited about MFS and want to talk and pull apart every little bit of information about it.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

So you've been filling the single thread on mfs thread on xplanes forum with Microsoft hate and gems such as "microsofts flight model will never be as good as xplanes because there devs are not as good as Austin"

Actually no, I was at the time around one post in about 7, the others got deleted because the general response to  "microsofts flight model will never be as good as xplanes because there devs are not as good as Austin" [and Laminar a 25 year head start since they "went back to the drawing board"] was to launch personal attacks on me, and the org thinks deleting posts will protect my fragile little mind.

Then you sign up here to just post in the mfs forum to bash mfs and microsoft.

Actually no, I signed up here because I was looking for further updates and found the org thread was being discussed.

If you don't think mfs will be any good

My personal thoughts on the matter are.

if new XBOX Released without VR support then 
ignore XBOX and MSFS2020
else
Laminar release XP12 on XBOX store
Buy XBOX
if rand()<0.1
Buy MSFS2020
end
end

But there is no need or point in getting personal.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer