Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

I think that is likely, until I see for something more concrete, giving my reasoning why I think that.

So what were all the influencers (as they are called these days) playing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I think that is likely, until I see for something more concrete, giving my reasoning why I think that.

There is nothing, literally nothing present to indicate that MSFS is going to be vaporware in any way shape or form. What you're doing is projecting what you hope will happen onto others as if it were decided fact.

You behave as someone who has some sort of vested stake in MSFS's success and are desperately hoping for its failure.

• Like 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Just now, carbonbasedlifeform said:

So what were all the influencers (as they are called these days) playing?

At a guess (because not even they know), Ampere development boards.

AutoATC Developer

Not doctored, just dishonest for anyone to imply you are going to see these kind of graphics

On anything but similar hardware.

Come on man, stop it. Isn't that how ALL games are being marketed? Game publishers aren't going to show in-game footage running at the lowest settings, they'll make sure it's running at Ultra.

Not sure why you're linking a benchmarking video, those programs are designed to stress your hardware.

Honestly, it's the same story for every graphically heavy game: if you want Ultra settings running at 60 FPS you better have the latest and greatest in terms of CPU and GPU. They're not going to make a game that runs Ultra at 60 FPS when you have a 3+ years old GPU or CPU.

• Like 3

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Hahaha, you should do comedy!

• Like 3

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Now you are just inventing problems. Still going to need "plenty of hardrive space" with MSFS2020 to cache its "2 petabytes of data". It will only take you 1,000 days to cover the entire world on a 200Mbs network connection, all the while paying $10 a month for Microsoft Gamepass. 

Now you are just making stuff up.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, simtom said:

Isn't that how ALL games are being marketed?

Not for people that believe MSFS2020 is the "something new" that will take years to catch up with. IMHO.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

3 minutes ago, Montie said:

Now you are just making stuff up.

It seems to be his specialty. I own and use X-Plane 11 often, but to be honest, mSparks diatribes are almost single-handedly making me want to switch platforms.

• Like 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

I am still waiting for official hardware specs to review the arguments...

Edited by flym.

4 minutes ago, flym. said:

I am still waiting for official hardware specs to review the arguments...

Good luck with that. They are secret.

IMHO, if they were mainstream components they would not be.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

But I would like truly like to learn why saying such things is arrogant and embarrassing, shows how we are in denial.

11 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I wasn't really following the thread anymore because it has become pointless, but I did come across this while flipping through the latest posts and I want to say something here.

What's arrogant is your behavior. People were trying to have a decent conversation with you. There are genuine responses trying to explain different topics to you as you said you were here to learn more about the new flight simulator. Yet, you're essentially disrespecting everyone trying to talk to you by blatantly dismissing everything they say, including clear-cut evidence.

I don't care whether you are serious about what you're saying or whether you're actually just trolling. In either case, you're allowed to have your opinion but I find what you're doing pretty rude. Conversation works by respecting the other participants and not by shutting them close like a barn door because you don't like what's inside.

• Like 11

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

30 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Not doctored, just dishonest for anyone to imply you are going to see these kind of graphics

Anyone doubting the graphics should try Red Dead Redemption 2 in 4K on PC. These type of graphics, textures, vegetation, weather and lighting are all very possible. And before anyone says how badly RDR 2 runs in 4K on PC, it is worth noting that it was developed for console and is very poorly optimized for PC. If it were the other way around I am sure it would run more than 60fps in 4K instead of 'only' 48 fps average on full settings on a 2080ti.

In any case, it shows that everything we have seen is very possible if you have a good PC. I believe the new MFS will look out of this world. I think some people here have been spending far too long playing the decades old graphics engines in our current flight sims.

I also think some people are getting bored waiting and showing frustration. Hopefully all our expectations will be soon met.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 2

'The new hardware it has been shown on does.'

Your words, so what are they? I am still waiting

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mSparks said:

No they did not use Ampere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mSparks said:

IMHO, if they were mainstream components they would not be.

Like all other games minimum and recommend specs will be revealed 2-3 months before release.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1