Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Update for P3D

Came back to active flying and wondering about buying P3D - presently i am with revision 3.

I do not want to buy ver.4.5 if next revision is behind the corner.

So here is my question - is it really behind the corner ?, any rumors for new version of P3D ?

Is it worth to wait ?

Artur 

No rumors.

Don't forget: people may have died because they waited too long.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

MSFS next year. 

Will P3D v5 come close? properly not even close.

Until then 4.5 so your good for a year.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

MSFS next year. 

Will P3D v5 come close? properly not even close.

Until then 4.5 so your good for a year.

I'm counting on much longer than a year. My belief is it will take yet another year, or eighteen months more likely, for many of the Addon community to release product for the new platform. I'm not a big "early adapter", so I can wait for the inevitable patches and hotfixes that will follow, both from MS and the dev's. I have been wanting to devote significant time to learning and becoming proficient flying the 737 (yeah I know, REAL late to the party) and until recently had the pursuit on hold given BillGatus of Borg's recent MS20 announcement. However, when PDMG released the 737NGXu with a $100 credit, it was a no-brainer. I could be wrong, but I feel like I have, worst case scenario, two to three years of very active P3D use before the siren song of MS20 gets too loud. And that does not take into account any upgrades by LM to P3D. Cheers!

Artur, you should have plenty of life left for a P3D upgrade.

Edited by Radial9

We are all exited about MSFS2020 for sure but please let's not forget that it will be heavily bandwith dependant and will consume a lot of data to operate.

People with slow internet speeds or data caps might still have a better overall experience with a good P3D setup.

Do not wait for the " next best thing " ... there will ALWAYS be a next best thing.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, AFL581 said:

People with slow internet speeds or data caps might still have a better overall experience with a good P3D setup.

Well in none 3rd world countries that's really not a problem. 🙂

Personally don't think the NGX will come out that far after release. Also given the latest videos previews the new flight dynamics the "default" aircraft could well be better than A2A within P3D. 

I will be a day one take up personaly and my NGu will enjoy the upgrade also on day one of release of the NG3.

As for ALWAYS be a next best thing? no we have been waiting 15 years for this....so it is huge and looks like a step x100 on from P3D v4.5 

if your not upto date watch this.

What will Orbx do?

What will REX/HiFI do?

Big Questions for addon makers.

The future looks bright, very bright. But not for everyone who has relied on P3D for a living.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Why this topic has to become another flight sim war?

This is the P3D forums. There is a dedicated MS forum where people can go and see these videos etc.

To the original OP. I doubt very much LM is sitting in a dark room doing nothing. If you like P3D and P3D addons then go for 4.5, even if they launch a new version it is almost certain all current add-ons will work fine with it. So what can you lose? 😉

All the best,

Simbol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, simbol said:

Why this topic has to become another flight sim war?

This is the P3D forums. There is a dedicated MS forum where people can go and see these videos etc.

To the original OP. I doubt very much LM is sitting in a dark room doing nothing. If you like P3D and P3D addons then go for 4.5, even if they launch a new version it is almost certain all current add-ons will work fine with it. So what can you lose? 😉

All the best,

Simbol

He asked "I do not want to buy ver.4.5 if next revision is behind the corner" Well he needs to know that around that corner is MSFS. 

Would anyone informed buy P3D v5 now?

He wants an inform opinion to wait or buy now or later. So he has been informed. There is no bigger decision for him to buy 4.5 and have imo a year to 18 months out of it or wait for the new coming and that's not P3D v5.

Anyone in software addons must hate the sight of MSFS. Unless it's a fit with MSFS. Orbx Global/OLC and TE dont and thats just the start of a very long list.

Edited by Nyxx

45 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The future looks bright, very bright. But not for everyone who has relied on P3D for a living.

I personally would not underestimate LM. They have a choice to make. Stay in the consumer sim market, or exit it at some point. I personally have a high degree of confidence those discussions are taking place at LM currently. P3D is a rounding error on the LM balance sheet. They have enough in-house talent and resources to get the primary job of training accomplished without the consumer market. I do believe if they come to the conclusion that competing with MS for platform share is not a road they wish to travel, they will keep P3D relatively stable and take a long term exit strategy. Who knows, just speculation on my part. P3D was useful to LM for a multitude of reasons. Some of those reasons may be in question and I'm sure smart minds are looking at all the possible outcomes currently. If they do decide to stay in the game, I would not count out their talent and capabilities. I give the choice even odds at this point.

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

He wants an inform opinion to wait or buy now or later. So he has been informed. There is no bigger decision for him to buy 4.5 and have imo a year to 18 months out of it or wait for the new coming and that's not P3D v5.

Anyone in software addons must hate the sight of MSFS. Unless it's a fit with MSFS. Orbx Global/OLC and TE dont and thats just the start of a very long list.

All these is your personal opinion without having any official statement from each of these vendors or indeed any visibility of what is happening behind scenes for each platform.

Let's please stop here, and move on.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Would anyone informed buy P3D v5 now?

I would. Why shouldn't i? MSFS is still a year away, if not further.

Holding back investments here is a bit ... uhm ... stupid. We're talking here about a piece of software for 60 EUR, not about purchasing a new car for tens of thousands.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

All these is your personal opinion without having any official statement from each of these vendors or indeed any visibility of what is happening behind scenes for each platform.

Let's please stop here, and move on.

Regards,

Simbol 

Some are but the one relating to his post is to inform him that MSFS is coming out next year and that is totally relative if he wants to know what's round the corner as he puts it.

Edited by Nyxx

Simbol... I don't see any flame wars or even anything close to them. Reasonable people with varied opinions having a civil discussion about issues very important to them. Folks with commercial interests in one outcome or the other may or may not wish to see civil discussion regarding all possible outcomes discussed as possibilities. Again, just my civil opinion. 

Civil discourse and opinions articulated in a non censored environment benefits most all of us. Some of us have VERY large investments in one platform or the other. Curious minds want to know....

• Like 2