Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Update for P3D

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

No rumors.

Don't forget: people may have died because they waited too long.

HAHA, you know, I went over to X-plane after getting tired of waiting for P3D to get out of the stone age.  Then, when I got to X-plane, I experienced similar problems.  However, X-plane across the board is cheaper than P3D, and developers are more-responsive to the needs of the community, however they're also slooooowwww to respond.  At the end of the day, I'm hesitant to sink much more money into either platform, at least until we have a better sense of when FS2020 is going to be released.  If it's a year from now, then I'll buy more. If we're talking months, then I'll hold off on making major investments. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

We're talking about P3D here. Not XP, not MSFS.

They have their own forums.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Some are but the one relating to his post is to inform him that MSFS is coming out next year and that is totally relative if he wants to know what's round the corner as he puts it.

Information regarding the simulator coming, is ok. But making statements on behalf of other vendors is not. 

This is what I want to avoid. I hope you understand what I mean.

5 minutes ago, Radial9 said:

Civil discourse and opinions articulated in a non censored environment benefits most all of us. Some of us have VERY large investments in one platform or the other. Curious minds want to know....

Agreed. As long as we don't write any false information regarding any 3rd party vendor. That includes all 3rd party developers, Laminar research, Lockheed Martin and MS.

Lots of these discussions get out of hand because roumors get repeated over and over again until people believe it is true. Which contributes to false information.

And this is what I want to avoid, I am sick of reading false information all over the place now. How I know?  Because my NDAs with multiple vendors and platforms.

So once again, please everyone keep to facts and don't attempt to express how any 3rd party vendor, however it is, feels or plan to do in the future. It is up to them to express their plans via their own channels. If you have something you want to share, do it with quotes and facts from such vendor.

Regards,

Simbol 

17 minutes ago, simbol said:

Information regarding the simulator coming, is ok. But making statements on behalf of other vendors is not. 

I did not make any Statements on behalf of anyone, all comment are and were my own thoughts on what's happening. The only statement was that MSFS is coming out next year. If thats not the biggest news to whats "round the corner" I dont know what is. 🙂 

If anyone what to know to buy P3D now or whats around the corner then knowing MSFS is coming next year is totally relevant to what there asking. To exclude telling them because this is a P3D is...ridiculous.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Personally, I would not jump into buying P3Dv4 if, like you, I already had a sim.

We're late in the development cycle (point release 5) and in theory we're likely due for a new major release of v5 soon™.
As tempting as it might feel to update, the change from 32-bit v3 to 64-bit v4 renders nearly all of your aircraft obsolete, resulting in you having to spend more to get some quality aircraft in your sim.

That's even before considering the huge looming shadow of MSFS...
Depends on whether you can justify all the necessary spend to yourself for at most a year's use.

17 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

We're talking about P3D here. Not XP, not MSFS.
They have their own forums.

P3D does not exist in a vacuum. There are two other civil sims (and a potential game-changing one on the way) and one military sim worthy of discussion and comparison.
Completely relevant to bring them up to give a wider picture.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

8 minutes ago, F737NG said:

P3D does not exist in a vacuum.

No. But the P3D forum does, more or less.

OP asked about P3D and if there is a new version around the corner. Whats that thing that once and then someone jumps in to write other sims dead just because MSFS may (!) be released in a year?

Maybe there is a rewarding system by MS i didn't heard about, who knows.

Maybe i should start a screenshot thread in MSFS showing me actually flying my sim ... a stupid idea, right?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I did not make any Statements on behalf of anyone, all comment are and were my own thoughts on what's happening. The only statement was that MSFS is coming out next year. If thats not the biggest news to whats "round the corner" I dont know what is. 🙂 

You mentioned ORBX and others vendors. Let them do their announcements via their own channels please. What you think might be impossible or not for them is irrelevant, MS is in discussions with many of them and we don't know what they are planning or talking about.

Same goes for Laminar Research and Lockheed Martin, they have their own channels to express their views.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You mentioned ORBX and others vendors. Let them do their announcements via their own channels please. What you think might be impossible or not for them is irrelevant, MS is in discussions with many of them and we don't know what they are planning or talking about.

Same goes for Laminar Research and Lockheed Martin, they have their own channels to express their views.

Regards,

Simbol 

I can mention who i like in speculation. It's not in anyways made as a statement just speculation, anyone follow this topic can clearly see that, until the forum mods tell us we can not speculate on anything then we are free to do so. If we could only state facts all the time it would be a very boring forum.

Also as Joe thinks we should not mention another flight sim as this is a P3D "vacuum" only talk forum, then how can you inform someone that starts there topic with "Came back to active flying" and at best that means (speculating) is using P3D v3 and is asking about the future.

"So here is my question - is it really behind the corner ?, any rumours for new version of P3D ?" well we all know there are "rumours" of P3D v5 next year (speculation again OFC) but inform him of XXXX and...that should not be aloud! Wow. How dare I inform a returning simmer of the biggest news in 15 years. Outrageous! in the "vacuum P3D" forum. I will get the wife to give me 500 lashes with a bared stick till i bleed to death. 😘 and if that does not kill me I will ask for another 1000 for speculating of what could happen to ad-don vendors.😩 how dare I !

If anyone is in any doubt what is real and speculation, the only thing that is a fact is MS have state'ed that MSFS will come out next year everything else is pure speculation.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thats a tough one. For myself, I kinda like when LM ends a version as I dont have to worry about anymore updates for both it and all the addons. So to me P3Dv3 is complete and v4 is still being finished. WIth that in mind, by buying v4 late in the development cycle, you would almost be able to feel good about buying it as a finished version and not have to worry about more updates. By the time v5 comes out there might also be a new XP and MSFS2020. 

I have and use v3 and v4. I'd be happy if v5 came out as I would know I am no longer having to update v4. Unless v5 offers some really really new features that v4 doesnt have then I'd be okay with holding out on upgrading to that knowing whats to come in other sims.

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I can mention who i like in speculation. It's not in anyways made as a statement just speculation, anyone follow this topic can clearly see that, until the forum mods tell us we can not speculate on anything then we are free to do so. If we could only state facts all the time it would be a very boring forum.

This is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Speculations that are causing DAMAGE for 3rd party vendors.

Nobody is entitled to speculate in such way, that is called under certain circumstances defamation, it is fake news as you have no facts to back your statement and it affects the business of people involved.

This topic is going now downhill, should be locked.

S.

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Nobody is entitled to speculate in such way, that is called under certain circumstances defamation

So no one is aloud to talk about what could happen or what ad-dons could work or not etc. Its a forum for people to talk about there hobbie and wondering and specutaion of coming events/ad-dons is part of it. And you want the topic locked for including speculations, is it a fact we will get a P3D v5 or spectulation? please link me a link from LM saying v5 is coming. So if not we better not mention P3D v5 had we? if I follow your logic? or we can only mention v5 if LM have said so?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

To all of you guys - I do not even think about MS2020 at this point, so any deviation toward other sim is redundant.

I just wonder if I should invest into 4.5 or wait for 5.0, cause as some said 5.0 may be another not free of charge revision of P3D.

I would not like to be in situation that will buy 4.5, and after a month, suddenly 5.0 will be released and I will have to pay again

Artur 

39 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So no one is aloud to talk about what could happen or what ad-dons could work or not etc. Its a forum for people to talk about there hobbie and wondering and specutaion of coming events/ad-dons is part of it. And you want the topic locked for including speculations, is it a fact we will get a P3D v5 or spectulation? please link me a link from LM saying v5 is coming. So if not we better not mention P3D v5 had we? if I follow your logic? or we can only mention v5 if LM have said so

Why it is so hard to ask to stop speculating about ORBX, REX, Laminar Research, Lockheed Martin, etc. And making asumptions about them? Let them do their own statements.

This is exactly why I am agaist all these types of topics, it is just a waste of time and energy.

I am not going to repeat it anymore, enough of trolling.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

To all of you guys - I do not even think about MS2020 at this point, so any deviation toward other sim is redundant.

I just wonder if I should invest into 4.5 or wait for 5.0, cause as some said 5.0 may be another not free of charge revision of P3D.

I would not like to be in situation that will buy 4.5, and after a month, suddenly 5.0 will be released and I will have to pay again

Artur,

I also despair that virtually any discussion of P3D is these days is beset with intervention from those who cannot

stop themselves peppering every topic with their opinions.

To address the question that you asked, so far, each new full version of P3D has required a new purchase.

There is no reason to suppose that any version 5 would not required another full purchase.

The question really is do you want it now or do you want to immediately adopt version 5 if and when it arrives.

For what it's worth, my advice would be to buy version 4 as it is near to "perfection" as it is likely to be and

once again, looking back, each new version has had teething troubles that have takes several .x updates to fix.

In my opinion, P3D version 4.5 is a very good simulator indeed and way way ahead of P3D v3.

That said, please research the possible cost of updating any payware addon aircraft that you might own

before you make your final decision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1