Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Update for P3D

Simbol... With all due respect to your knowledge and helpful attitude, I believe your being a bit unreasonable here. Your asking for something that is simply not going to occur. As long as people are civil and "somewhat" polite, I can't see anyone asking for any limitation on speculation or their thinking, experience or opinions about much of any topic. I due agree with your comment that people should not be stating, falsely, that anyone has made any statements of fact that aren't true. You can't stop human nature, but it makes sense to state the obvious from time to time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

We're talking about P3D here. Not XP, not MSFS.

They have their own forums.

It's all related.  And, since I had P3D, my post is as relevant as any thank you very much.

• Like 1

Here I am very satisfied with P3Dv4.5.

And LM is certainly not lying back and doing nothing...

I already have photo real scenery + custom AG, so myself I am hoping for improved and more realistic looking weather and further improved shaders. 
And further improved multicore usage + more tasks towards the gpu.

If a P3Dv5 will have these improvements I will surely buy it ( will buy MSFS too .. )

Don’t forget that many addon developers already have great products that lift P3D to a higher level ( HiFi Simtech , REX , FSUIPC , FsReborn Pro  , PSXT and all others ... )

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Is anyone else disposed to actually address the question posed by Artur

instead of arguing among yourselves over a matter that he himself has clearly

stated is way off the subject of his topic that you have all hijacked?

This is the only question.

If you presently owned P3D v3, would you buy P3D v4?

Edited by Reader

no, I'd buy x-plane. Sorry, but that's my recommendation.

Edited by dal330200
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Radial9 said:

Simbol... With all due respect to your knowledge and helpful attitude, I believe your being a bit unreasonable here. Your asking for something that is simply not going to occur. As long as people are civil and "somewhat" polite, I can't see anyone asking for any limitation on speculation or their thinking, experience or opinions about much of any topic. I due agree with your comment that people should not be stating, falsely, that anyone has made any statements of fact that aren't true. You can't stop human nature, but it makes sense to state the obvious from time to time.

I agree with your comments.

I am trying to bring some reasoning to discussions on AVSIM.. It is unfair to state some 3rd party vendors are done, dead, unable to work in the future, etc. If this was the case MS would not have contact them in the first place.

So until any of them state the opposite, we can't assume and say so. 

People go to the extent to put words in your mouth, as it happened on this very topic already. I never said a new version of P3D is coming and even if I knew, I could not say so due to NDAs.

All this hype is causing problems because lots of people is making assumptions and posting such as facts, many of them are not true and is misleading lots of people that comes to these forums asking for advice.

How would you feel as a new flight sim user, coming here to check if a 3rd party vendor current discount is worth it and you read comments as that vendor is dead because a new sim is coming? 

Coming when?  We don't know yet and what if such vendor is in contact with MS and is still planning the future and see what can be done, what can offer to you? Etc.?

I just had a phone call with MS by the way.. And I am sure many others developers had one or many already.

Everyone has to calm down and wait. I advise everyone to check the MS developing roadmap, as soon as the dates of the SDK are out, and many vendors have an actual chance to look at it, plenty of news will flood the gates regarding the future of addons for many vendors outlined here. 

Until then all cards are at play and I don't see P3D or XP disappearing any time soon.

My 2 cents.

Out..

• Upvote 1

Hi all

We have all been amazed by the visuals shown in episodes of MSFS2020 so far, of course it may well be MSFS 2021 by the time most of us get hold of it.

Don’t know if this helps, but in defence of P3D 4.5, which Istill fly almost every day. Using full fat Orbx regions, Rex Sky Force, Chaseplane, HiFi sim etc etc, and really nice add ons in Autumn or winter weather - it will still be hard to beat. Likewise XP11 with Ortho and other excellent add ins. So many of us are still thrilled with flying on our current platforms even if some are not.

The news and videos of MSFS 2020 whilst obviously amazing looking out of the box, but that in no way devalues the experience we are already getting from our current sims. 

In spite of the great previews we have seen, once we get hold of 2020/1 we will inevitably all notice differences, some favourable and some not, and of course a whole new sim we then have to invest our mostly not very plentiful money into.

Everything comes at a price. 

The only area which may hopefully be completely different in MSFS is the weather, light and atmospherics. In spite of great strides and looking really good, the current weather engines, wind, clouds and sunlight shaders in both main sims are still way behind other aspects of the sim. Not really that much better in certain respects than Flight Environment in Fs2004. When it snowed in Ground environment for example, the ground textures dynamically loaded snow textures. 

For me that would the be main advantage. Otherwise I will probably wait until my fave planes and 4 seasons textures are implemented if ever, before upgrading.

and yes we’ve not seen whether LM will stay in the market and up their game or not.

Exciting times for simmers folks.

ray

An old saying - "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Right now, MSFS2020 is in the bush. In all the years that I have been in the software business I have rarely seen a product that maintains it's form through alpha, beta and release. Sometimes I've even wondered if they were the same product!

Like many, I'd certainly hope that MSFS lives up to it's hype but I've also been down that road before with MS. The time to evaluate the product will be when it's in final RTM.

IMHO, advising anyone to not buy a product because another one MAY be released soon is doing a complete disservice to the person asking for help.

That said, this is the P3D forum, if you wish to discuss the merits of  other sims, both real and in process - take it to the respective forum and/or Hangar chat.

That's all for this one.

Vic

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors