Sign in to follow this  
reecemj

MAJESTIC SOFTWARE - DASH 8 Q400 PRO

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Ha, learnt that on my first landing. It’s not a Boeing jet... 🙂

If I’ve gone a while without flying the Q400 I have to consciously resist my Boeing/Airbus muscle memory, feels unnatural to leave the power on!

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This is one of my favorite for longer flight with the FSlabs A320 for even longer ones.

It takes some time to install and configure so my advice is to avoid jumping in and trying to fly. Take time to read all documents and set-up for realistic sensitivity of commands.

There are plenty of ressource on the web then to help realize the first flights. Then you can goes into more burried part of the FMS. 

Without autothrottle, you need to keep a close eye on your speed during descent, approach or in cruise at low altitude.

Definitively recommend this bird.

• Like 1

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Well, I just pulled the plug thanks to the current sale on the Pro version and so far very frame rate friendly and excellent turbo prop sounds!

Definitely have to get used to trimming right rudder as she clearly pulls left under throttle!

Not sure yet how to disconnect the GPU without exiting the sim and using the config?  Thought there might be an option in the FMC to disconnect the ground power but couldn’t find the setting...

As I’ve said; rain effects on windscreen and PBR textures w DL would be a perfect update to finish this AC off nicely!

I can see this being an excellent hands on AC compared to flying the heavies and can’t wait to fly some regional routes in very bad weather!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 1

Chris Camp

44 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Not sure yet how to disconnect the GPU without exiting the sim and using the config

Look on the FMS data page. I think it should be there?

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

21 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Look on the FMS data page. I think it should be there?

Will do thanks!

Chris Camp

Get these videos. Shortens the training time dramatically and you will learn to fly it correctly. 

https://www.airline2sim.com/course/q400-cadet/

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hello there, I posted this also in Majestic forum but just to know your opinions too please.
Is it worth buying Q400 today thinking that next year new models will come with new technology and probably a lot of improvements?
I am doubting if I should buy it now that still has discount at SimMarket. As far as I know and although this is one of the best addons for Prepar3D, it is several years old and maybe it won't receive big updates so I am wondering if it is better to wait for new ones with better textures, visuals and build from zero.
New models will be apart and not expansions.
Discounts will end next Sunday so, could someone please help me to decide?
Thanks very much.
Regards,
Xiropillo

The decision is yours of course.

Do you want the aircraft that you can buy now at a very good price and enjoy it in the existing simulators,

or do you want to wait for a simulator that does not yet exist and then gamble on there being an aircraft as

good as this to fly in it?

Those are your choices and only you can decide which to make.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

@Xiropillo Majestic have offered discounts moving between between Pilot and Pro, and between 32 bit and 64 bit, we just paid the price difference, quite possible they do it again for MFS and visual improvements could well be free to 64 bit owners. Majestic prices are much more reasonable than some other developers for the level of quality you're getting, so in a sale you'll get your monies worth from it before the new MFS comes out anyway.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

21 minutes ago, Reader said:

The decision is yours of course.

Do you want the aircraft that you can buy now at a very good price and enjoy it in the existing simulators,

or do you want to wait for a simulator that does not yet exist and then gamble on there being an aircraft as

good as this to fly in it?

Those are your choices and only you can decide which to make.

Thanks very much.

You are right that we should enjoy the day.

I was referring to the new Q300 model that they announced for P3D not MSFS.

12 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@Xiropillo Majestic have offered discounts moving between between Pilot and Pro, and between 32 bit and 64 bit, we just paid the price difference, quite possible they do it again for MFS and visual improvements could well be free to 64 bit owners. Majestic prices are much more reasonable than some other developers for the level of quality you're getting, so in a sale you'll get your monies worth from it before the new MFS comes out anyway.

You are right. I am interested in 64bits Pro edition. 40% off now. Great price 

Finally bought it yesterday night. 

Impressed about overall quality. Some letters in cockpit a bit blurry but not big deal.

For the rest, incredible the amount of documentation and the complicated that seems to learn all the systems.

I am use to PMDG, Leonardo and FSL but this seems different to all of them. 

Thanks for recommendations.

Regards,

Xiropillo

It is a turboprop, with the best modelling of the turboprop engine's behaviour currently in flight simulation, at least in my opinion. It will be totally different from those three jets you listed...

When landing, you don't idle the power levers, as the prop disc flattens and the props become rather large and effective speed brakes. Keep the power on until wheels down, then you can idle and reverse...

I must look into the other sound package, because I think that the Majestic one is good for starters. If you say that the replacement package is better, then it must be truly a wonderful upgrade...

A

Its too bad they have no intention of updating it too current standards (pbr, windscreen effects, DL etc) or at least thats what they told me a few months ago. I also dont believe they have made any official announcement regarding MS2020 and if they will look into making it compaible with the new sim. 

Theyre working on a Q300 so thats good news but with so few airlines using the Q300 it seems a little odd, the 400 was one of the best P3D addons ever made and Id bet they could sell many new copies of it if it was upgraded a bit to current standards. I undertand that making any announcement with regards to MS2020 may be a bit premaure it would be nice if they could at least let us know if they'd even be interested in moving it a new platform if it was viable. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom