Sign in to follow this  
alext44

GTN750 issues (resolved)

I just purchased the GTN750 yesterday and I'm amazed by it except for 2 things which I am utterly confused about. 

1. As soon as I turn on the battery the 750 turns on even if I dont have avionics power.

2 In all of the aircraft I have tested I am unable to fly RNAV approaches with the GP

This is kind of irritating when flying on Networks such as vatsim during approaches to minimums...Boston. If anyone could help I would be very appreciative. Ive read through most of the forums on this topic and I'm not completely understanding how to fix this. 

Alex

Hi,

You might want to first review the RXP GTN User's Manual "Settings" chapter to figure out what options are available regarding the power source. You'll most likely find the source with works best for this or that aircraft depending.

As for flying RNAV approaches, you might want to detail what it is you're not able to do exactly?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

25 minutes ago, alext44 said:

I just purchased the GTN750 yesterday and I'm amazed by it except for 2 things which I am utterly confused about. 

1. As soon as I turn on the battery the 750 turns on even if I dont have avionics power.

2 In all of the aircraft I have tested I am unable to fly RNAV approaches with the GP

This is kind of irritating when flying on Networks such as vatsim during approaches to minimums...Boston. If anyone could help I would be very appreciative. Ive read through most of the forums on this topic and I'm not completely understanding how to fix this. 

Alex

Have you read the User's Manual?  You can find it under Reality XP in the Windows Start menu.  There are a number of settings in a settings menu.  Right click on the top edge of the GTN's bezel to access the menu.  If the right click does not work in the panel of a particular aircraft then use the pop up and right click on the top edge of that bezel.

Just like in real life, where a GTN must be wired into the aircraft's wiring harness, this RXP GTN may need to be set up through settings in that menu, and what settings are needed may vary by aircraft.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

You might want to first review the RXP GTN User's Manual "Settings" chapter to figure out what options are available regarding the power source. You'll most likely find the source with works best for this or that aircraft depending.

As for flying RNAV approaches, you might want to detail what it is you're not able to do exactly?

Sorry about that, I am having issues with the glideslope, The aircraft just passes straight through the Glide path on rnav approaches.

Edited by alext44

Which aircraft are you flying with? What A/P modes are armed and/or engaged? Do you see proper CDI and VDI on your instruments? etc...

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Which aircraft are you flying with? What A/P modes are armed and/or engaged? Do you see proper CDI and VDI on your instruments? etc...

I used the Caranedo Premier 1 on the RNAV 12 into KBZN. The aircraft was in the NAV mode with APP armed. I saw the GS on the Artificial horizon turn green but it held alltitude as the G/S went down. I ended up flying over the airport at 9000 and ended up in the hold. I was in the FMS/GPS mode for the HSI and kept it that way all the way down. It captured the course but was unable to follow the Glide Slope.

you've posted in the wrong forum... moving the discussion now.

Ok now that we're in the correct forum it should be easier.

Which X-Plane version are you running?

Can you try with the default Baron 58 and compare if this works fine?

• Like 1