Sign in to follow this  
teberle

CRJ Pro ASCRJ_ELEC_EXTPWR_On & Off assignment not working

Hello Community! After installing the upgraded AeroSoft CRJ Pro product I noticed that one of my button assignments was not working. The ASCRJ_ELEC_EXTPWR_ON and OFF did not seem to work once it was assigned to a button. All the other electrical panel button assignments work fine. I saw that there was a Aerosoft CRJ 700-900 and Pro Module ver 1.0 (2 Dec 19) update so I followed the instructions and updated the files (no beta folders need to be deleted). Again, all other button assignments work fine and I see the button selection changing in LINDA Joystick area when switching the button on/off. Anyone have any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Tom

Edited by ScotFlieger

Additional information:

When I use the Trace feature I receive the following error message in the LINDA Console when I switch the button:

[E] *** LUA Error: linda/aircrafts/Aerosoft CRJ/actions.lua:1785: attempt to concatenate local 'state' (a nil value)

After some additional looking it turns out that there is no ASCRJ_ELEC_EXTPWR_ON and OFF function in the CRJ Aircraft Module. However, the ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_toggle function toggles the AC AVAIL and AC IN USE button on the overhead panel. The following bit of code can be added to your User Module in order to assign a toggle function to your button. After i added the code clip using the LINDA Editor, I had to restart LINDA to get it to work. Best of luck, I'll try to assist if you have questions. -Tom

function ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_on ()
local Lvar = "ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU"
local Lvar1 = "ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_ANIM"
local state = ipc.readLvar(Lvar)
_loggg('[ACRJ] state = ' .. state)
    if state == 0 then
        ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 1)
        ipc.writeLvar(Lvar1, 5)
        ipc.sleep(100)
        ipc.writeLvar(Lvar1, 3)
    end
    DspShow("ExtP", "on")
end

function ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_off ()
local Lvar1 = "ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_ANIM"
_loggg('[ACRJ] state = ' .. state)
    if state == 1 then
        ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 0)
        ipc.writeLvar(Lvar1, 5)
        ipc.sleep(100)
        ipc.writeLvar(Lvar1, 0)
    end
    DspShow("ExtP", "off")
end

function ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_toggle ()
    if state == 0 then
        ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_on ()
    else
        ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_off ()
    end
end

The external power mechanisation of the new CRJ Pro differs from the old version. The Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) display now controls the connection of the GPU and also requires the chocks to be in place for it to work. The Lvars have also changed. The ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU is only one of them.

Further work is required to automate the connection of the GPU via LINDA. I also need to ensure that any changes are compatible with the old CRJ-700/900 release.

UPDATE: Despite in-depth searches I am unable to locate any Lvars to activate the EFB buttons and those Lvars set by the EFB can not be used to connect the GPU to the aircraft. At present no LINDA solution is available for the CRJ Pro and users will need to use the EFB.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Investigation update

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Andrew, thank you for clarifying this change and all the work you've done supporting the CRJ Pro. -Tom