Sign in to follow this  
Lokoko

GTN Complete

I installed F1TGTN in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. It is 12.8 MB with 9 files. I installed Garmin GTN Trainer in the Garmin directory under program files (x86). When I click on the F1 GTN configure icon on the desk top I get the following  message: “We could not locate the required Garmin GTN Trainer in the default install location on your computer”. But it is there. I turned off the Windows firewall and my malware program in windows 10. I can’t see where to turn off the anti-virus in windows 10. I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure it out. Please Help.

Lokoko

Edited by Lokoko

27 minutes ago, Lokoko said:

I installed F1TGTN in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. It is 12.8 MB with 9 files. I installed Garmin GTN Trainer in the Garmin directory under program files (x86). When I click on the F1 GTN configure icon on the desk top I get the following  message: “We could not locate the required Garmin GTN Trainer in the default install location on your computer”. But it is there. I turned off the Windows firewall and my malware program in windows 10. I can’t see where to turn off the anti-virus in windows 10. I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure it out. Please Help.

Lokoko

I think you have a directory issue. Check the Flight 1 GTN forum

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The F1TGTN folder in the Prepar3d directory is just the GTN's documents.  The GTN should be installed in Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies, and is 687MB (on my install).  I don't use an addon AV, but I've never had to disable Windows Defender to install the GTN.  The easiest way to disable Defender is a 3rd party app... I use Ultimate Windows Tweaker

HTH,

Greg

• Like 1

Bobsk8,

I have been trying to register at the Flight 1 GTN forum, but I keep getting the message that I can’t register because there a problem with the forum. Do you have any ideas on that?

Lokoko

This is a copy of my post when I ran into a problem some months . Try this, and see if it helps/ 

I don't know if this will help or not, but I spent most of yesterday trying to get my new install of the 650/750 to work after upgrading from my previous 650 with the old database. All I could get was a black screen  on the 750, I finally went to these two folders,

Delete these folders with all contents:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge

and

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\GTN

deleted everything as Tiberiu mentioned above, reinstalled Trainer and GTN to the defaults( this was the third time I had done this without deleting the above mentioned folders), and this time the GTN fired up and it works perfectly now. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310