Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

check out this A380 flying model plane!

Guest georg

That was really cool! Never seen a model yet with 4 jet engines. Although I've seen a Hornet model with real jet and it was very powerful.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Yeah! That was really cool! Too bad it couldn't retract and lower it's landing gear though.

Guest Tomsky

Hello,you call that monster "cute"? ;-) :D Actually it's 15.5 ft long and has a wingspan of 17 ft! The video must have been from one of the early test flights, normally it can retract its gear.I found some more info about it - unfortunately only in German - here:http://www.swr.de/nachrichten/rp/-/id=1682...732532/1xoe7v3/If you click the image you'll get a bigger version of it. The text translates into: Peter Michel (62) from Ingelheim (little town in southwest Germany) and employees of the Frankfurt Airport sitting next to Michel's A380 model airplane.The content of the German news text says that it took Michel 2500 hrs to build the Airbus and that the jet powered model reaches a top speed of appr. 75 mph (120 km/h). Funnily of all airlines he asked for the permission to use their livery it has only been Etihad who came along with a positive response. They even sent him batches of the original Etihad livery colors to paint his A380.Sidestep: Sometimes I wonder how dumb###ed my fellow countrymen can be - there's a hobbyist who creates this marvel on his own by his own funds. Asking for absolutely nothing than the permission to paint his plane e.g. in Lufthansa colors. What a great and exciting advertisement would that have been all around the country at (model) air shows, expositions and similar events. But no, what are they (and the other airlines) afraid of? That the model A380 might crash some day and give THEM a bad publicity? Geez, it's only a model.Whatever, it brought Michel not only the original Etihad colors but also an invitation to Abu Dhabi next spring for a presentation of his Airbus.Tom

Guest Rockcliffe

Crazy Germans, lol! I think I read somewhere that those mini jet engines cost about $8,000 each!BlairCYOW

Tom:I am 100% with you on this one.The same holds true for some Sim designs as well if I understand correctly (i.e. Gulfstream V). Seems like it would be great free advertisement to me, but I guess it is beneath their dignity for some reason.Happy Flying:RTHADDON Edit: We will show them! We just want buy their old GV!

Guest Tomsky

Hi,just a little more info.This is the guy's website:http://www.michel-concorde.comFamiliar sight, isn't it ;-) before you are forwarded to the index page.All in German of course but lots of pics that speak for themselves including images from the Airbus' construction. Judging by the splash screen he might have new content about the 380 in the works. Actually the 380's maiden flight took place on August 28th this year and judging by the background of the maiden flight photos the video might have also been taken at this occasion.For some reason Lufty apparently didn't have a problem with Peter's 747 being painted in their colours. :-hmmm Maybe it's the superstition of aviation people that I've come across a lot in my yet short career in this field - they don't want to see the model Airbus breaking 'cause they feel that might be an omen or a sign of bad karma for their first real one, whatever...BTW: As we are in Germany - the country of laws, rules, regulations and the infamous question: "Vhere are your papers?!" - this 380 and its predecessors ain't no model airplanes any more. Each of them had to pass a meticulous, scrutinizing type certification with our civial aviation authority, the "Luftfahrtbundesamt", and they are only allowed to be operated out of regular airfields.Wish you all a nice dayTom

wow thats amazing stuff, as real as it gets haha

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram