Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Reality XP 750 vs F1 750 GTN - Transition to RXP or no?

Hi guys,

I am on the fence on transitioning from F1 to RXP.  Is it recommended or worth it?  I can tell they both are not similar and yet at the same time similar.

My GA aircrafts are A2A, Manfred C47, Realair birds, and PMDG DC.  

I am quite perplexed on their offerings.  I do know both use the latest available GTN trainer now (but please correct if I am wrong).

I am planing to use VoxATC with the above planes mentioned.  

Should I move from F1?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If you already have the F1 units not worth it IMO.  The both use the exact same databases, and have the exact same functionality.  The graphics are better in the RXP units and if you don't have either, I would recommend them over the F1 units.  But not if you already own F1s. 

Edited by jalbino59
  • Like 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

12 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

If you already have the F1 units not worth it IMO.  The both use the exact same databases, and have the exact same functionality.  The graphics are better in the RXP units and if you don't have either, I would recommend them over the F1 units.  But not if you already own F1s. 

Thank You for helping me out

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I had the F1 as at the time it was the only option. Got the RXP and never looked back. As @jalbino59 says, they do have the same functionality as F1, but the way they can be seamlessly integrated into aircraft that are only F1 compatible, the excellent support and timely updates (especially when Garmin issue a new Trainer) makes them a no brainer for me. While I can't put my finger on it, they just seem to "work better".

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1

David Porrett

6 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

The graphics are better in the RXP units...

Care to expand on what you mean by better.

Ta

Thanks, but no.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I have both GTN 750s and have found the support from RXP is MUCH better.

However, I agree with the above POV that if you already have the Flight1 GTN 750 and it is working well for you, I don't see a reason to switch at this point. You can always do that later if needed.

Al