Sign in to follow this  
GeoffB

Aerosoft Airbus autopilot

Hello,  I've been flightsimming for years but new to LINDA. I'd like to build a switch box to control some features of the Aerosoft Airbus so decided to start with a simple application---button 2 on my Sidewinder joystick to tirn the AP1 on and off. I'm using P3Dv4, the latest version of LINDA and have downloaded the Aerosoft A3XX Pro v0.6 beta file.   When I press the joystick button I get a fleeting connection with the AP1 button, there's a click sound and the green LED on the FCU button makes a very brief flash. The AP doesn't engage. Where should I start looking to correct this?

Thanks

Geoff  

Hi Geoff

I first recommend you download and install the latest Aerosoft Airbus A3XX v1.0 module.

I assume you have assigned the AP1 function to the button you want as you say the button is seen to depress. It the autopilot is not engaging the I suggest that the system is not in a state that allows the autopilot to operate. What happens when you click on the AP1 button?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Andrew,

The link above takes me to  an FSLabs page; is this suitable to use with the Aerosoft airbus?  Yes, I have assigned it to AP1 which works OK with a mouse click.

Geoff

I apologise. You have the correct module for the Aerosoft Airbus. I will look at the code tomorrow. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have checked the Aerosoft Airbus A3XX Pro module v0.6 beta for the Autopilot functions AB_AP_AP1_on, _off and _toggle. For single button use the AB_AP_AP1_toggle function should be used.

These work correctly if the aircraft is airborne with a valid flight plan. However, if the button is operated on the ground the AP1 caption flashes green and AP1 briefly appears in the top right corner of the PFD. This is the response reported above. I suggest you try assigning the AB_AP_AP1_toggle function to another device button to check your logic.

I have spotted a minor problem. If AP1 is selected with AP2 on, the autopilot correctly swaps over. However, if AP1 in on and AB_AP_AP2_on() is used, the caution warning briefly sounds and AP1 is reselected. I am investigating this further.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I've changed the assigment and can confirm that single button press engages and then disenages AP1

Is there an assignment for comm radio frequency swap?

thanks,  Geoff

Geoff

You can find all available functions in the included function text file in the /modules/LINDA/aircrafts/Aerosoft A3xx folder. Alternatively, with the aircraft loaded, click on the List Functions link to open it directly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK