Sign in to follow this  
Thomas_Kenobi

I got Flight One Ultimate Traffic working in FSX

By copying over the traffic.bgl used for Ultimate Traffic and all the Flight One AI folders.There is one issue where loading is interrupted because of double naming of aircraft file.. this is easily remidied by adding a 2 to the end of the titles of the filenames involded (if you know how to edit a text file aircraft.cfg)Naturally it pays to remove (hide) the native traffic.bgl of FSXI did the same to GA-AI from GA-trafficallen

Thank you for the heads up. That is good news as I use both of the products mentioned.:)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

where did you move the traffic.bgl file, and where did you move the flight one ai folders?jd

It helps if you knew these things before.I dont like telling these things in case you make a mess and have to re-install everything...but here goes: AT YOUR OWN RISKY:...remove by hiding the file trafficAircraft.bgl from FSX's SceneryWorldscenery folder and COPY the traffic.bgl from FS9SceneryWorldscenery used for ultimate traffic here in its place, ...Copy all folders of "FLight One AI ***" from the aircraft folder of FS9 and put these into the SimObjectsairplanes folder of FSX... Open the aircraft.cfg files for the following folders and edit the lines containing the texture path in parentheses by adding a 2 to the end of ONLY one of the title names of the two that use that texture (not good with FSX these duplicates) for that section [fltsim.#] which is way down near the bottom in these cfg files:Flight One AI 319 (F9 F9 00)Flight One AI 733 (F9 F9 00)Flight One AI 73S (F9 F9 00)Flight One AI AB3 (TG TG 00)See what I mean by knowing what is up first??? SO >>> IF WORRIED DELETE those 4 folders if your unsure instead of doing all this last sectionYou DO NOT have to do the next complicated section which restores GA traffic: You can use your add-on a/c here and ignore all FS9 default, makes for a more real experience:rename traffic.bgl still in FS9 before doing the GA section next (in order to save it for future re-use if you mess up, rename to maybe save-traffic.bgl, it will still work):you can add GA using the GA Traffic ( ga-traffic_setup.zip ) utility as default GA were in the traffic bgl you hid BUT here you MUST DO THE CREATING of the traffic in FS9 NOT FSX This makes a traffic.bgl file in the FS9SceneryWorldscenery folder you have to rename before transfering it to FSX and rename it to traffic-GA.bgl before bringing it over to FSX and BRING the GA derivatives AI planes you made before making your GA traffic file... dont use the original a/c in FS9 to generate unless you convert them first. HAVING FUN YET ??. (goes in SimObjectsariplanes from FS9aircraft ) (important) Thats all, this removes the default AI plans and replaces with only the Ultimate Traffic plans and your personalised GA traffic (unless you opted not to do that part).GOOD LUCKAT YOUR OWN RISK

Guest dutton

I did this a few days ago with all of my AI - MRAI, UT and World of AI. See here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=244007Two things to add to the post above...You also need the night textures which are labelled ending with a "_l" in your main texturre folder - you will know the files when you see them.Grab the main airline.cfg from your main aircraft folder in FS9 and copy it over the one in the main folder of FSX (it's root folder).duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

At last! A useful thread with information in it. If I see ONE more thread asking when this or that will be ready or where I can buy FSX I think I'll...I'll...I'll...move on to the next thread. Oh well.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I found that AITM Ver. 2.0 is GREAT for identifying duplicate titles. You can use the aircraft editor to rename them too,regards, BobF.

At KLAX with all my Ultimate Traffic aircraft and the UT traffic.bgl installed I still get around 9-12 fps, which is amazing to me. Regards, Bob.

Thanks. I did what you suggested but I left the FSX traffic file in also. I still have to add the night textures. Works GREAT! Regards, Bob.

WIN XP Pro SP2P4 3.2 G Extreme Edition2 G DDR SDRAMRadeon X800XT Platinum Edition 256 Mb.AMI Micro Star MS-6758Seagate 320 G. Hard Drive1280 x 1024 x 32Regards, BobF.

thanksi took the same approach, and was able to more my traffic 2005 ai into fsxCopied the C:flightfs2004SceneryWorldscenerytraffic.bgl to C:flightFSxSceneryWorldSceneryI copied C:flightfs2004Aircraftjfai* folders to C:flightFSxSimObjectsAirplanesStarted fsxnow i can test radar contact version 4.3 with a full load of ai