Sign in to follow this  
deetee

SAM WorldJetways

I think you may have missed the point, It doesnt add gateways as far as I am aware,

It only works with Gateway airports with the new gates , wont work with any older that havnt being updated.

And I am sure there are some that wont work, ill need to get to test some that I have done.

At first glance it did seem a little too good to be true but there’s really not much to misunderstand. This tool does indeed claim to automatically add SAM v2 jetways to all default airports. It seems quite clear in the description.

Edited by deetee

1 hour ago, deetee said:

At first glance it did seem a little too good to be true but there’s really not much to misunderstand. This tool does indeed claim to automatically add SAM v2 jetways to all default airports. It seems quite clear in the description.

I believe Laminar mentioned in one of there own posts that it only works with the newer updated jetways, the holder ones where objects. not holding my breath.

Well I took the plunge and tested it on a quick flight between Vancouver-Calgary (default airports running 11.40). Have to say it performed flawlessly and the jetways attached and detached nicely in AUTO mode. Your purchase will get you a serial number which is used to activate the functionality in the SAM v2 plugin. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This also works with the older style "object based" jetways. Not only with the new "facade based" jetways. So it will basically work with all default airports.

I think the only jetways it won´t work with are the old jetways on the Aerosoft airports (some in EDDF, some in EGLL, some in LFMN and some in LFPO). Those jetways were converted from Microsoft Flight Simulator scenery packages many years ago - the jetways are part of the whole terminal object, so Stairport can´t really read the position of them to replace them with their own (animated) jetways.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1

@deetee Looks like we are the only ones in the world to have purchased the worldjetway extenstion. But, i have not been able to get it to work. Any tips please? 

Copy pasted the plugin, pulled out Library folder from lib and moved it to Custom Scenary, activated it and shows active. Tried in KJFK, KLAX, KLAS, default 737, Zibo, FF 320. Cannot get the jetway to move, manual or auto. Appreciate your help! 

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, aadisank said:

@deetee Looks like we are the only ones in the world to have purchased the worldjetway extenstion. But, i have not been able to get it to work. Any tips please? 

Copy pasted the plugin, pulled out Library folder from lib and moved it to Custom Scenary, activated it and shows active. Tried in KJFK, KLAX, KLAS, default 737, Zibo, FF 320. Cannot get the jetway to move, manual or auto. Appreciate your help! 

Thank you. 

Hi aadisank.

It sounds like you did everything right. Which plane are you testing with?

I have found that on some ramps the jetways are badly orientated and this will prevent SAM from working. Try testing on ramp 33 at EGPF Glasgow, which I know works fine.

Another thing to note is the FF A320 requires manual mode, probably due to the custom datarefs it uses. The Toliss and Zibo however worked perfectly in Auto mode when I tested them.

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, Janov said:

This also works with the older style "object based" jetways. Not only with the new "facade based" jetways. So it will basically work with all default airports.

I think the only jetways it won´t work with are the old jetways on the Aerosoft airports (some in EDDF, some in EGLL, some in LFMN and some in LFPO). Those jetways were converted from Microsoft Flight Simulator scenery packages many years ago - the jetways are part of the whole terminal object, so Stairport can´t really read the position of them to replace them with their own (animated) jetways.

Cheers, Jan

Aerosoft EDDF and LSZH have been updated for SAM.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

When I read the description it said all default airports. That why I am confused. Is KSDF not a default airport. Trying to understand what I bought?😁

Chris Chiozza

11 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Is KSDF not a default airport.

You tell us.

Did you buy it, download it (from the .org, for example) or did you not do any of the above and just use default X-Plane?

I bought it from x-plane store. So far KSDF is the only one not working.

Chris Chiozza

Sam World jetways does not appear to work with any static aircraft at least at KDEN.  It works with the plane I am flying but doesn't connect to the static planes.

Any ideas how to make it connect to the static planes?

Thanks,

Alan

On 5/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, cchiozza said:

I bought it from x-plane store. So far KSDF is the only one not working.

I have not been able to find a payware KSDF...so I am not sure where you bought it.

If you are talking about the freeware KSDF, there is an update for it that makes it compatible.

Jan