Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

It's Starting!

I did not make the first wave, but I am glad to hear it is moving forward. One step closer to release.

I am hoping for the second wave. I hope they let people in a prior wave be in the following waves.

• Upvote 1

How do you know you did not make the first wave? All is known is that participants will get access to tech alpha in waves between the 4th and the 15th, nothing else.

edit: adding source, even if some posts were removed that piece of info is still there
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/e677pf/fs2020_tech_alpha_1_is_here/

Edited by peroni

7 minutes ago, peroni said:

How do you know you did not make the first wave? All is known is that participants will get access to tech alpha in waves between the 4th and the 15th, nothing else.

Those who were accepted into the Tech Alpha 1 already received confirmation e-mails about a couple of months ago. Recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 ends next week, so we will know who is accepted into the second wave soon.

7 hours ago, rjfry said:

I Wonder if Phil Spencer will be testing it on his Project Scarlett he got this week!!!

No because they haven’t started work on the console version yet

59 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

No because they haven’t started work on the console version yet

You don't "start work on the console version" with UWP. the PC version is the console version.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft-flight-simulator/pc

“We are aware of the concerns in the current ecosystem and are working to address them.” Microsoft’s used the more locked-down UWP format for most of its recent PC releases, but hopefully this means there’ll still be avenues for proper mods regardless

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Those who were accepted into the Tech Alpha 1 already received confirmation e-mails about a couple of months ago. Recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 ends next week, so we will know who is accepted into the second wave soon.

Where can I ask for Alpha 2 recruitment ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

3 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Where can I ask for Alpha 2 recruitment ?

If you signed up for the Tech Alpha 1, you are already registered for the Tech Alpha 2 as well. If not, make sure you are part of the Insider Program and logged in, and click "Tech Alpha Registration" on the top menu of the site. You will have to sign an NDA, answer a few questions, and upload a DxDiag report.

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

If you signed up for the Tech Alpha 1, you are already registered for the Tech Alpha 2 as well. If not, make sure you are part of the Insider Program and logged in, and click "Tech Alpha Registration" on the top menu of the site. You will have to sign an NDA, answer a few questions, and upload a DxDiag report.

Oh, but i don't have an insider login and never registered.   If you can provide a link ?

2 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Oh, but i don't have an insider login and never registered.   If you can provide a link ?

https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-program-sign-up/

If you have a Microsoft account, make sure to use the same e-mail address. If you don't, I think you will be prompted to create one but I'm not sure as I already had one when I registered.

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-program-sign-up/

If you have a Microsoft account, make sure to use the same e-mail address. If you don't, I think you will be prompted to create one but I'm not sure as I already had one when I registered.

Thanks.

It's only a matter of time before we see a post from someone that reads "I got an email from Microsoft saying that I have been removed from the Alpha because I broke the NDA and all I said was that I got accepted as an Alpha tester 😞" 🤣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Avidean said:

It's only a matter of time before we see a post from someone that reads "I got an email from Microsoft saying that I have been removed from the Alpha because I broke the NDA and all I said was that I got accepted as an Alpha tester 😞" 🤣

I'll gladly take their place lol

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

Yeah, I think if that was going to happen, it would have happened by now - given that the alpha testers were chosen about six weeks ago and there've been plenty of posts from people who were picked (including some Avsim staff).

The alpha test has multiple purposes - testing, of course, but it's also a way of engaging the community and building enthusiasm (and it's working, as witness all the attention that the test is getting).  So I don't think they're looking to toss people if they can avoid it.

Describing specifics, or posting screenshots or videos - now, that's another matter. 

Edited by Alan_A
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

We're referring to different waves, I was on about Tech Alpha 1 waves.
But it does not matter anymore, everybody that used the word alpha will be banned for breaching the NDA, even if you never signed one. This whole thread is doomed! 

19 minutes ago, peroni said:

everybody that used the word alpha will be banned for breaching the NDA, even if you never signed one. This whole thread is doomed! 

"What are the requirements for participating in the tech alpha?"

"Do you mean tech alpha 1 or tech alpha 2?"

"I don't know that! AAAAAHHHHHH!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1