Sign in to follow this  
av8r172

HYD A pumps before pushback option

With this option selected, instead of both A pumps being shut off before pushback, Engine 1 A and Electric 1 B are shutoff.

On a sidenote, the airline from SOP3 no longer turns the pumps off for pushback. Never.

They finally got the money to pay for pins instead 😉

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

42 minutes ago, byork said:

Did the pilots pay for them 🙂

Ask the guys who recently had their bases shut and who had been forced to relocate to morocco or eastern europe for half the money. 😅

6 hours ago, AirbusCG said:

On a sidenote, the airline from SOP3 no longer turns the pumps off for pushback. Never.

They finally got the money to pay for pins instead 😉

I noticed that while peeking into the cockpit of said airline at work that they always keep the hydraulic and fuel pumps on for the entire turnaround which also makes it slightly annoying to work around the aircraft because of the sort of uncomfortable sound the hydraulic pumps make 🙂. What's the reason for that?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

30 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I noticed that while peeking into the cockpit of said airline at work that they always keep the hydraulic and fuel pumps on for the entire turnaround which also makes it slightly annoying to work around the aircraft because of the sort of uncomfortable sound the hydraulic pumps make 🙂. What's the reason for that?

yeah, just like the fuelpumps, etc.
It's just all kept on to prevent the pumps from turning on/off/on/off, etc. ever so often on a day. The typical aircraft makes 8 flights a day, they say by keeping the pumps on you can keep the wear and tear lower than by switching them off and on again.

The hydraulic pumps specifically also need to be on so that you can check for any hydraulic leaks during the walkaround. Leaks will be much more apparent if there's pressure in the system.

• Like 1

Okay, I checked more.

This is actually due to a bug in the PMDG SDK.

The SDK command to turn off HYD ELEC 2 actually shuts off ELEC 1.

I'll notify PMDG and when PMDG fixes this in an update this issue will auto correct itself.

Edited by byork

On 12/29/2019 at 2:30 AM, byork said:

Okay, I checked more.

This is actually due to a bug in the PMDG SDK.

The SDK command to turn off HYD ELEC 2 actually shuts off ELEC 1.

I'll notify PMDG and when PMDG fixes this in an update this issue will auto correct itself.

Rgr, thx